Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA BCG, quality or nah?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Hell no. You can buy a quality BCG from Centurion Arms for $125.

https://www.centurionarms.com/bolt-c...p-p/bcg-c4.htm
    Those look solid does anyone ever run them on sale?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Sob View Post
    Those look solid does anyone ever run them on sale?
    Primary Arms used to but probably won’t now. Either way, that’s about as cheap as you can get a great BCG so it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I don’t think you will see those on sale, but...maybe at one point?

But seriously, $125 is a stellar price from a reputable company. Super friendly the couple times I’ve reached four to them. I’ve been going with Sionics NP3 recently, but otherwise would be buying these.

Looking for a better price is almost unnecessary, unless picking up a Toolcraft for $70-90 for a budget build or emergency backup.

Feedback Score
    10-4 never hurts to ask i always try to catch stuff on sale if possible

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have 1 Toolcraft CAGE code marked BCG I purchased from WC Armory that has given me great service. I would purchase another as a lower cost alternative before buying a PSA BCG again.

For anything but a budget build, I think Sionics hits a great price point with their phosphate BCGs, and they are quality parts.

Andy

Feedback Score
    cool so sionics and centurion seem highly recommended where do they compare to solgw and bcm

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Primary Arms used to but probably won’t now. Either way, that’s about as cheap as you can get a great BCG so it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PA was also blowing out SOLGW BCG for $115 and LPK less FCG and trigger guard for $25.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    PSA's upper end BCG are toolcraft. I have a couple and they have worked flawlessly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I had a PSA Premium BCG that ate gas rings. It lasted maybe 400 rounds between ring replacements, so an owner who shot 2-3 boxes of ammo a couple times a year may not have seen a problem. PSA replaced it without issue, and I sold the replacement.

Andy
    I just pulled my PSA premium BCG apart and it's missing one, second is damaged and third ring is intact....maybe 2k rounds on the bolt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I feel like PSA's "poor quality" reputation on these forums is just ghosts from their past. A lot of posters spent really good money on a rifle from a 'known quality assembler' and they just won't let their egos down long enough to see you can get good AR parts from lots of places. I have a PSA premium BCG from 2013 that probably has 4,000 rounds under it. Looks fine and will continue to ride in my main match rifle. I also have one of their nitrided BCG's from 2018 that now has past 2,000 rounds and it is also running great.

To rebuff the common: "PSA has good suppliers but they don't get the same specs as other companies" myth; I decided to measure the gas port on two 'PSA' barrels. Because everyone on the forums thinks PSA has terribly huge gas ports. The 10.5 mike'd out to 0.073 and the 16" mid by FN had a 0.076 gas port. Not the smallest, but they definitely don't deserve the bad rap they get here.

A lot of people come to the forums expecting some well thought out scientific presentation on why brand X is superior to brand Y, and the reality is; the data simply doesn't exist. Theres so much more ego and myth than testing and data in the gun world. I feel like in every post I defend PSA I have to also enumerate that I carried a Colt for years and have a BCM in the safe. Im not a budget whore, but Ill save money on parts and spend it on cases of ammo if I can.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast