Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA BCG, quality or nah?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    There is NO WAY you wouldn’t hear Boogaloo Bob’s footfalls if he were still eating Cheeto’s. No way.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    I'm approaching 10,000 rounds with my PSA rifle with the original stock BCG. I run the rifle hard using cheap Russian steel ammo, I don't do bench shooting with this. Out of the entire original BCG assembly, only the firing pin broke around the 7,000 round mark, the bolt is still holding strong. One day I did notice a ding on the gas key where it meets the gas the gas tube. You can see it in the pictures. I don't know how it got there but it does not affect reliability. This thing has been running like a champ since my first day of taking it out. Of course, sample size n=1, others have different experiences.

IMG-2425.jpg
    IMG-2432.jpg
    IMG-2431.jpg
    IMG-2426.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    There is NO WAY you wouldn’t hear Boogaloo Bob’s footfalls if he were still eating Cheeto’s. No way.
    Apparently you have little experience sneaking crunchy food while in close proximity to your wife or kids. It can be done.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I guess I’ll have to practice...
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Again I will say that PSA premium BCG are made by Tool Craft. How can some of you praise Tool Craft in this thread and then basically say that PSA Premium BCG made by Tool Craft is garbage? Makes no sense to me.
    Is PSA QCing what they get from tool craft? The top tier manufacturers don’t make everything themselves, but do QC what they subcontract out. This is the difference.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BL1 View Post
    I'm approaching 10,000 rounds with my PSA rifle with the original stock BCG. I run the rifle hard using cheap Russian steel ammo, I don't do bench shooting with this. Out of the entire original BCG assembly, only the firing pin broke around the 7,000 round mark, the bolt is still holding strong. One day I did notice a ding on the gas key where it meets the gas the gas tube. You can see it in the pictures. I don't know how it got there but it does not affect reliability. This thing has been running like a champ since my first day of taking it out. Of course, sample size n=1, others have different experiences.

IMG-2425.jpg
    IMG-2432.jpg
    IMG-2431.jpg
    IMG-2426.jpg
    You had to shoot 10,000 rounds before you found out if you got a decent gun or not. With BCM, you don’t have to do that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    Is PSA QCing what they get from tool craft? The top tier manufacturers don’t make everything themselves, but do QC what they subcontract out. This is the difference.
    Give it up man. Tool Craft if not going to send them crap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Give it up man. Tool Craft if not going to send them crap.
    How would they know if they did?

I miss Iraqguns. This forum is no longer the same.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Again I will say that PSA premium BCG are made by Tool Craft. How can some of you praise Tool Craft in this thread and then basically say that PSA Premium BCG made by Tool Craft is garbage? Makes no sense to me.
    I related my experience with Toolcraft (no issues) and PSA Premium (issues) BCGs honestly and without calling PSA garbage.

I don't think anyone has praised Toolcraft and condemned PSA.

I would expect the majority of folks here to recommend one or more brands from a short list before they recommended either PSA or Toolcraft.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-05-20 at 22:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PSA BCG, quality or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I would expect the majority of folks here to recommend one or more brands from a short list before they recommended either PSA or Toolcraft.

Andy
    Yeah. We used to have higher standards, I guess. I would recommend Sionics or Forward Control Designs.

https://youtu.be/kADQX_xmrSY
    His first BCG physical must have been to good to be true so it appears he had to do a second one: https://youtu.be/BUQZWepzy7Y
    https://youtu.be/VuZ4TgoR1Zk
    Last edited by Cold/Bore; 04-05-20 at 22:46.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast