Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock internals

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow, that is strange with the Glockstore. Brownells? Midway? Arm or Ally? Surplusammo.com? Worth checking 'em all.

Aside from connectors and sights, I only use factory internal parts. They seem to work best.

MIM or not? Whatever comes out of the factory is the standard, IMO. Glocks and Glock style pistols are different animals from 1911s. I know, I used to be a 1911 guy...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Big Tex Outdoors for in stock OEM Glock parts. They carry a ton of stuff.

Feedback Score
    Sit for the armorer course and buy them yourself (except the (-) connector).

I'll echo everyone else's sentiments—not a single non-OEM part that you'll put in a Glock makes it more reliable. Sure, those fancy titanium extractors and precision forged this and that make sense in theory, but I trust Gaston (and MIM if need be) more than Jeff who CNCs some stuff in shop for beer money.

Lastly, I wouldn't buy crap from Glockstore...never found a single price competitive from Lenny. Every now and then something will be similarly priced to other sites, but then the shipping kills any deal he offers...or at least that has been my experience. Nothing against him, seems like a great guy with a good business, but I suspect his tax rates, high overhead costs, etc from living in Kaliforniastan prevents him from offering real deals.

Feedback Score
    The only thing I'll do to a Glock is change the disconnector to a 3.5#, put on an extended slide release, and change the sights to 3 dots. I prefer Trijicons.

Everything else remains the same.

I got a 19X when they first came out. The only thing I did to it was an extended slide release. I love that thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Terp View Post
    Sit for the armorer course and buy them yourself (except the (-) connector).

I'll echo everyone else's sentiments—not a single non-OEM part that you'll put in a Glock makes it more reliable. Sure, those fancy titanium extractors and precision forged this and that make sense in theory, but I trust Gaston (and MIM if need be) more than Jeff who CNCs some stuff in shop for beer money.

Lastly, I wouldn't buy crap from Glockstore...never found a single price competitive from Lenny. Every now and then something will be similarly priced to other sites, but then the shipping kills any deal he offers...or at least that has been my experience. Nothing against him, seems like a great guy with a good business, but I suspect his tax rates, high overhead costs, etc from living in Kaliforniastan prevents him from offering real deals.
    Maybe its luck of the draw, but they have been the only place with all the small parts in stock that I needed, and their shipping is fast. Not the best for one-offs, but it has been the most economical when buying a few items multiple times.

My suggestion is to load up the cart and figure shipping for multiple vendors, go with the cheapest in-stock. They are not always the cheapest, but i dont find the total cost outrageous, they have good service and shipping. They are often the only place with certain repair parts in stock ime.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Big Texas Outdoors is out of alot of their OEM glock parts right now.

Do you have to take an armorers course to purchase parts directly from glock?
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Big Texas Outdoors is out of alot of their OEM glock parts right now.

Do you have to take an armorers course to purchase parts directly from glock?
    Glock sells a few parts on their website to non-armorers (barrels, recoil springs, a backstrap or two), but not much.

Midwest Gun Works and Lonewolf are a couple other places where you could price parts. I have ordered from them (and Big Tex) in the past; I got sick of dropping $15 on new recoil spring assemblies + shipping, so I became a Glock armorer.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yeah I put together an upper parts kit from individual parts on Brownells and it ended up being the same but they didn’t have all the oem parts in stock to complete the kit. Price wasn’t bad but I’m sure it would be cheaper from Glock.

Good to know. I’ll look into taking an armorers course when all of this is over.
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    Terp, thanks for reminding me of midwest, i will order a RSA from them tonight, they have them in stock.
    Last edited by robbins290; 04-08-20 at 14:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Yeah I put together an upper parts kit from individual parts on Brownells and it ended up being the same but they didn’t have all the oem parts in stock to complete the kit. Price wasn’t bad but I’m sure it would be cheaper from Glock.

Good to know. I’ll look into taking an armorers course when all of this is over.
    The only caveat is that Glock recently jacked up the price of the course, so if you don't buy a lot of parts, don't look at the course as a way of saving money.

However, if you own, shoot, and carry Glocks, it's definitely a good investment to fully understanding the platform (not that you couldn't learn all you would in the course from YouTube). The advanced course is where it's at, but you have to take the basic course first (and then wait 2-3 years...forget which).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast