Thread: M&P FS22lr cycling problems

Feedback Score

M&P FS22lr cycling problems

Have a few year old FS 22lr handgun that I have probably 1500ish rounds through. I made the mistake of really cleaning it well, and now when it won't cycle on the first two rounds out of the mag.

Specifically. Load 12 rounds in the mag. Drop the slide and it will shoot, but it doesn't cycle. Most of the time I don't think the slide moves at all, sometimes it stovepipes- but not often. The round is not ejected. If I drop the mag and cycle out the round and then put the mag back in, it will do it again. If I just rack the slide, with out taking out the mag and replacing it, it will shoot.

From the 10th round on, it functions fine.

All this after cleaning it. The slide doesn't bind or anything.

I assume the rounds are creating too much drag? Doesn't seem to be it though? Same ammo before and after cleaning- Federal Auto. It happens with the three mags I have.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Cleaning your gun should not cause malfunctions.

Are you slamming the mag in? .22 rounds are pretty fragile. When you seat a mag like a center fire, you will put a dent in the casing of the first 2 rounds. That might be your issue.

If not, then I would check your extractor. They may have worn...although 1500 round isn’t a lot.

Check your ammo. You might get a bad batch of ammo once in a while. Try different brand and model.

Make sure you didn’t lube your gun too much. .22lr blowback don’t like the funk accumulated by oil and carbon.

Lastly, did you clean your mags? Take them apart and wipe them down. Do NOT lubricate the inside of them.

Last thing I can think of, number your mag and see if the malfunction is occurring with certain mags and not others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk