Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock internals

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Glock internals

So ive been sourcing some g19 upper parts from various locations during this pandemic because I cant seem to find a fairly priced OEM parts kit. In my searches I was surprised to find out that alot of glock parts are MIM.. I know in the 1911 community alot of owners swap out their MIM parts ASAP. Is there a reason why that is not necessary with glocks? Or do you guys tend to swap them?

Also, what parts are good to go in your opinion besides OEM? I know his rep isnt great but anybody have good experience with Suarez parts? Yes hes the one mainly talking bad about some OEM glock parts. Yes I know hes just trying to sell his parts.
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    Mim is fine if done correctly.
    I only use glock parts, check out glockstore.com.

A lot of aftermarket “upgrades” seem to have negative side-effects.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I was on the "anti-MIM" bandwagon when I was into 1911s, but, honestly, I never had a problem. Colts have the fewest MIM parts from the factory and those that are seem to be GTG. I use only OEM for Glock parts, but I've bought and installed NP3'd Glock connectors and safety plungers (original part is OEM) from Overwatch, just because I think those two parts benefit from NP3. Really though, I'm not sure what kind of "performance" can be gained from non-factory Glock parts, except maybe for a lighter, crisper trigger for competition. The Gen 5 triggers are good enough as is for me.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Right.. I guess all MIM is not created equal.

Did you notice a difference in trigger pull when using NP3 coated safety plunger?
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I use Glock OEM parts also. I polish the plunger, connectors, pretty much all metal-to-Metal contact in the firing group with Flitz and a Dremel. I do notice a slight change in trigger weight and mostly smoothness after polishing.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Right.. I guess all MIM is not created equal.

Did you notice a difference in trigger pull when using NP3 coated safety plunger?
    No, not really. It may be a hair smoother, but that's about it. You could probably get the same effect by lightly polishing it. I just like the idea of the connector and plunger having a more frictionless coating.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The sky is the limit on spending money on parts to get your properly functioning Glock to keep function properly.

Feedback Score
    I only replace broken parts with factory parts. I am with you that the parts are sold out every where. I need to place the recoil spring in my carry glock 19 gen 4. But can not find one. I will call glock in a few days and get one ordered thru them. If that does not work, i will use my bnack up until i get a new spring. The RSA has about 5000ish rounds on it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Being a NEW to Glock with the Gen 5's, The only thing I found to replace is the trigger shoe, APEX by choice and feel and Trijicon HD/XR Orange sights.

Thought I needed a connector change, NOPE, factory works just fine.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I only replace broken parts with factory parts. I am with you that the parts are sold out every where. I need to place the recoil spring in my carry glock 19 gen 4. But can not find one. I will call glock in a few days and get one ordered thru them. If that does not work, i will use my bnack up until i get a new spring. The RSA has about 5000ish rounds on it.
    You just reminded me to check on floor plates and I learned the store is closed.

https://store.teamglock.com/gun-parts

"Coronavirus Situation: As the impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve, GLOCK remains focused on the health and safety of our customers and employees. As our teams prioritize the availability of GLOCK pistols in your community, we have decided to temporarily suspend all gun part sales from the e-store."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast