Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Surefire adapter for 10.5 upper?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    What was the issue with the Closed tine warcomp?
    I thought it had a strange recoil impulse. I think I've heard people talk about it with the open tined versions depending on how they're timed, but both of my guns with the CT just shot very odd - the muzzle jumped around quite a bit.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    I very much appreciate the helpful replies, Gentlemen, thank you. Reading your real world experience with these, I am going to re-think my project idea.

You saved me from making an expensive error.

Thanks again!
    If you’ve still not decided on a mount and suppressor, I’ll muddy the waters for you a bit more. Take a look at Dead Air. FCD makes mounts for them now. And the Key-Mo module is compatible with lots of the new modular cans(and some older ones). So, if you decide you want something like a Resonator K or something later, you don’t even have to swap mounts.

Pick a can now, and buy it. The wait won’t end before it starts. There’s a lot of good options out there, and its pretty paralyzing.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I’d suggest a Surefire closed time flash hider, no ping and no uneven blast baffle wear that comes with the pronged flash hiders.

Feedback Score
    Is the warcomp break loud on a 11.5?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    I’d suggest a Surefire closed time flash hider, no ping and no uneven blast baffle wear that comes with the pronged flash hiders.
    I was going to ask about that. What's the downside to the closed version? Doesn't suppress flash as well?

Thinking about a Surefire mini2 to go on my 11.5" and the closed tine flash hider was one option I was looking at.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehgbyf View Post
    Is the warcomp break loud on a 11.5?
    I don’t think of it as a “break” per se. It is a flash hider with limited compensator function.

I have one on a 12.5,” so with that said:
    Maybe louder than my old A2, but I didn’t actually notice any change.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a surefire three prong flash hider on my 11.5” build that I run suppressed. I choose this because only the three prong and two chamber brake are the only ones with “gas check rings” with help keep down carbon fouling in the surpessor. None of the warcomps or closed tine flash hiders have this.

I originally choose the flash hider so I could shoot it unsuppressed if I wanted. I now realize I never shoot this upper with out the suppressor so I’m going to switch to the two chamber brake because it acts as a sacrificial baffle and has gas check rings. I’m only ditching the three time fh because I want to protect my silencer. If I’m in a situation that I’m concerned about blast, suppressor goes back on.

I have another 11.5” upper I basically never run suppressed, but I equip mostly all my uppers with surefire muzzle devices so I can use my suppressors ‘if I want’ on this upper I use a closed tine war comp. I think for mostly non suppressed shooting it’s a great choice, or the standard closed tine is fine too. I do not have any complaints about it.

I disagree that the closed tine devices are better for suppressed than the three prong because they lack gas check rings. And ultimately if you’re going to shoot it mostly suppressed use the brake if you’re concerned about blast baffle ware.

What you need to decide first is just how much this upper will wear a suppressor. Be honest with your self. While I thought I’d being taking the suppressors on and off and switching them around, I don’t. Truth is I can’t remeber the last time I shot the suppressed one not, or the unsuppressed one suppressed.

Cliffs: mostly suppressed, muzzle brake. Mostly not, closed tine war comp or FH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12