Thread: Magpul mag678 extension question

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Magpul mag678 extension question

I just need guidance on my purchase.

I think I've finally decided on getting the magpul mag678 sr25 buffer extension. My question and concerns are:

I want to use the A5H2 buffer, I read that the vltor has a specific design for their A5 buffer weights. Is that true?

Are vltor a5 weights only designed for their buffer tubes are can I use their buffer weight in the magpul extension?

Are sprinco green springs compatible to magpul extensions?

I have read so much today about A5 buffer tubes and just want clarifications made.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior1423 View Post
    I just need guidance on my purchase.

I think I've finally decided on getting the magpul mag678 sr25 buffer extension. My question and concerns are:

I want to use the A5H2 buffer, I read that the vltor has a specific design for their A5 buffer weights. Is that true?

Are vltor a5 weights only designed for their buffer tubes are can I use their buffer weight in the magpul extension?

Are sprinco green springs compatible to magpul extensions?

I have read so much today about A5 buffer tubes and just want clarifications made.
    VLTOR buffer has one weight weight that has a dimple for an internal spring, the rest are standard

The A5 buffer must have the longer SR25 length buffer tube for AR15 use

Yes, a Sprinco green or a standard rifle buffer spring is needed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That answers my one question about the vltor weight...that it has a spring inside the buffer.

But is the vltor a5 weights compatible with the magpul sr25 extension? Or do vltor a5 weights only work in vltor sr25 buffer extensions?

And, does the sprinco green work in the magpul sr25 extension?

Feedback Score
    A VLTOR buffer will work with any of the longer buffer tubes

A Sprinco green will work

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior1423 View Post
    That answers my one question about the vltor weight...that it has a spring inside the buffer.

But is the vltor a5 weights compatible with the magpul sr25 extension? Or do vltor a5 weights only work in vltor sr25 buffer extensions?

And, does the sprinco green work in the magpul sr25 extension?
    The Magpul SR25 RE is the same length as the VLTOR A5 RE. Both use the A5Hx (A5H1, A5H2 etc.) buffer and rifle spring when installed on an AR15. The Sprinco green spring is a fine choice.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American