Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable using MRO w/ no BUIS on HD gun?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Comfortable using MRO w/ no BUIS on HD gun?

I have a DDM4V7SLW that is my home defense gun.

I currently have it set up with a 185,xxx serial Trijicon MRO (red) on Trijicon's 1/3 mount.

I tried out a set of DD's fixed sights and found that I don't like how they crowd the field of view, so right now the gun has no BUIS.

I've considered a set of the MI Combat sights, but haven't bought them as of right now.

For a gun that is purely a house gun, not getting bumped around in a truck or the woods, is a set of BUIS necessary with a new MRO or is that optic considered reliable enough to not need a redundant sighting system?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If it's 100% home defense, you could've just done a set of irons. But there's a ton of guys that run just a red not with no irons. Personal preference!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ideally, I'd like a set of BUIS on any weapon, but 95-99% of the time, your optic should be fine. It depends on what you're comfortable with since it is your HD gun.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Honestly even if your red dot doesn't turn on you can still look through the sight for close range shots...
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 04-06-20 at 11:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also run buis on every gun, maybe thats because it gives the feels, but most likely you would be fine. YOu can use the optic its self, if youy have a fsb you can look off the that. Hell at close enough range you can cheek weld and look down the barrel if you needed to.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don’t consider any electronic sight reliable enough to eliminate the need for BUIS.

If you don’t like the sight picture with fixed irons, then install folding ones instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I don’t consider any electronic sight reliable enough to eliminate the need for BUIS.
    Pretty hard to destroy an Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Comfortable using MRO w/ no BUIS on HD gun?

Yep, but it can happen.

If there’s absolutely no possibility that the rifle will ever be needed outside the home, then as stated, a sighting system isn’t really needed. If the RDS dies, point shoot. In the reality in which I live, this guarantee doesn’t exist, so my HD ARs are also set up for outdoor usage.
    Last edited by grizzman; 04-06-20 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My HD gun only has an aimpoint T2 on it....I have other builds with BUIS but got lazy and said screw it.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    BUIS are nice to have, but not necessary on a rifle with a modern, quality optic.

If you can afford to buy a set of BUIS and you have the space on your gun for them, rock on. If not, don't sweat it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast