Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable using MRO w/ no BUIS on HD gun?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Comfortable using MRO w/ no BUIS on HD gun?

I have a DDM4V7SLW that is my home defense gun.

I currently have it set up with a 185,xxx serial Trijicon MRO (red) on Trijicon's 1/3 mount.

I tried out a set of DD's fixed sights and found that I don't like how they crowd the field of view, so right now the gun has no BUIS.

I've considered a set of the MI Combat sights, but haven't bought them as of right now.

For a gun that is purely a house gun, not getting bumped around in a truck or the woods, is a set of BUIS necessary with a new MRO or is that optic considered reliable enough to not need a redundant sighting system?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If it's 100% home defense, you could've just done a set of irons. But there's a ton of guys that run just a red not with no irons. Personal preference!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ideally, I'd like a set of BUIS on any weapon, but 95-99% of the time, your optic should be fine. It depends on what you're comfortable with since it is your HD gun.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Honestly even if your red dot doesn't turn on you can still look through the sight for close range shots...
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 04-06-20 at 11:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also run buis on every gun, maybe thats because it gives the feels, but most likely you would be fine. YOu can use the optic its self, if youy have a fsb you can look off the that. Hell at close enough range you can cheek weld and look down the barrel if you needed to.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisten8 View Post
    If it's 100% home defense, you could've just done a set of irons.
    But that's not what he asked is it?

Why do you say this?

Personally, I've found dead Aimpoint and Eotech batteries enough times to never question the need for quality BUIS.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My answer is yes.
    If the space and cost of a set of MBUS that are sighted in is onerous, then I'd argue for more paranoia, because the most perilous thing for an HD weapon is me getting it out and ready without smacking it on random crap while inadequately conscious.

On LPVO HD stuff, that answer has been offset irons - not the really optimal solution overall, but for how I find myself practicing on the thing, it's pretty nice to not have to worry about where the zoom ring is located in order to have a quick point-shoot option - it affects light mounting, but I've also found that to work pretty well.

I wound up with awkward mounting to support it fully (all on handguard in one case with offsets, having to run the Rosch Works SL1 on my Mk18), but it works pretty well... and if it's the go-to HD weapon, that's cheap reliability.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 04-08-20 at 14:46.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    +1 for folding off-sets. Keep them in the deployed position and you won't have to worry about a crowded sight picture through your optic when it's working. If it's not, a slight cant to the rifle and you have a solid sighting system ready to go. Best of both worlds.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don’t consider any electronic sight reliable enough to eliminate the need for BUIS.

If you don’t like the sight picture with fixed irons, then install folding ones instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I don’t consider any electronic sight reliable enough to eliminate the need for BUIS.
    Pretty hard to destroy an Aimpoint.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast