Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable using MRO w/ no BUIS on HD gun?

Feedback Score
    I can not have a rifle that my life depends on that doesn't have back up sights. Aimpoints are very reliable but my mbus pros never have a dead battery.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    .... you absolutely can use your sights. The ones who just point shoot are the ones who shoot everyone in the legs, arms, ass, or miss entirely. The ones who actually shoot with sights like your supposed to will wear out the ones who don’t.... If you aren’t using sights during force on force, you need more training.
    I dont disagree with what your saying. MOST hits where around the knees/thigh or in the hands/upper arms. This observation heavily reinforced why I carry an isreali bandage and TQ everywhere. Lots of shooter's did miss. The reality of the situation though is that every single member attending these classes where either .mil member's who carry a firearm daily or patrolman from neighboring regions. Almost NONE of these individuals had ENOUGH training to get to their sights inside a house. What you and LSHD are referencing is the pinnacle of shooting, that very few professionals ever achieve. Im gonna assume that if someone is even asking how their rifle should be set up for a given scenario, they have not reached even the middle tiers of performance.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    I'll take my irons over anybody's RDS any day, any way, any time.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I dont disagree with what your saying. MOST hits where around the knees/thigh or in the hands/upper arms. This observation heavily reinforced why I carry an isreali bandage and TQ everywhere. Lots of shooter's did miss. The reality of the situation though is that every single member attending these classes where either .mil member's who carry a firearm daily or patrolman from neighboring regions. Almost NONE of these individuals had ENOUGH training to get to their sights inside a house. What you and LSHD are referencing is the pinnacle of shooting, that very few professionals ever achieve. Im gonna assume that if someone is even asking how their rifle should be set up for a given scenario, they have not reached even the middle tiers of performance.
    I'll still, respectfully disagree to a certain extent. Pistol irons? Yup, lots of trained shooter point shoot with irons, especially at close distance. RDS? No, most are no longer point shooting with a rifle or pistol with an RDS.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Aside from the obvious exception of Turnburglar (there might be others, I didn't comb over this in excruciating detail), I'm fairly shocked by how few have mentioned the importance of a reliable WML as a critical adjunct to ANY sighting system for any scenario in which you might be mounting a weapon in lowlight/no light conditions.
    Last edited by PatEgan; 04-16-20 at 01:03.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEgan View Post
    Aside from the obvious exception of Turnburglar (there might be others, I didn't comb over this in excruciating detail), I'm fairly shocked by how few have mentioned the importance of a reliable WML as a critical adjunct to ANY sighting system for any scenario in which you might be mounting a weapon in lowlight/no light conditions.
    That wasn't what the OP was asking about....

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm still going with 'implied', but at that point the perceived hassle of having a battery to manage feels pretty trivial on an Aimpoint or something similar.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    That wasn't what the OP was asking about....
    No it wasn’t, but topics develop and expand, don’t they...?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    No it wasn’t, but topics develop and expand, don’t they...?
    By all means, expand it. But, don't come in here flabbergasted that no one has typed, "flashlight" yet in a thread solely dedicated to optics in a section of the forum solely dedicated to optics.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Take a breath. If the OP wants me to butt out and not comment, I won’t. You can always block me so you don’t have to read anything by me. It’s probably easier than being hall monitor when no one asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast