Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drone thoughts. (Week 2 of one flying over our shooting spot)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Like someone else posted. Jam that sob. This isn't exactly legal though.

http://www.jammers4u.com/drones-jammer

https://ctstechnologys.com/how-to-di...es-jammer.html
    That handheld looks nice. I am so tired of these little bastards flying over my boat and just hovering over me while I am fishing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I was in charge of the FAA, drone minimum altitude over private property would be "shotgun range".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My Mavic Platinum Pro has a 4.5 mile range. The courts have ruled that you don't own the airspace above your property, and shooting down a drone is a federal offense. In Texas I can legally fly my drone over your property as long as I don't take any pictures or video. Only government entities are exempt from this law. The appraisal districts here use drones to evaluate the properties within their jurisdiction.
    Last edited by TexHill; 04-06-20 at 20:58.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Any legal issues with tethering clear balloons over the property?
    Siege balloons...going the old school route, I like it.

Still dunno if that'd be legal, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some drone are configured like model planes and use wing lift along with a propeller. They can travel long distances. Usually, the problem is the data link, but some tech geeks have figured out how to use the cellular to control drones at a distance.

I hate drones. Maybe a 10Ga with depleted uranium shot?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    depleted uranium shot?
    https://www.hevishot.com/catalog/dead-coyote/

Not suggesting anything.

Sounds like some kind of .gov to me, annoying but can't recommend taking any direct action.

Feedback Score
    Adopt a Hawk.
    https://cosmosmagazine.com/biology/h...g-rogue-drones

Do not shoot down the drone, if they catch you they probably charge you.

Try calling the local airport and see if anyone is calling in to report their drone flight. licensed pros might. John Q probably dosen't.
    Last edited by cd228; 04-06-20 at 20:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    My Mavic Platinum Pro has a 4.5 mile range. The courts have ruled that you don't own the airspace above your property, and shooting down a drone is a federal offense. In Texas I can legally fly my drone over your property as long as I don't take any pictures or video. Only government entities are exempt from this law. The appraisal districts here use drones to evaluate the properties within their jurisdiction.
    Aren’t private drones supposed to be within visual control distances at all times?

If you ganged up some green laser pointers together and dazzled the optics?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Aren’t private drones supposed to be within visual control distances at all times?
    Legally? Yes, but people fly them beyond visual range all the time and that rule may or may not apply to an entity like an appraisal district
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Is there some sort of electromagnetic burst you could shoot at it - microwaves, etc.? I wonder if a good ol' CB radio with a linear amplifier could bring it down?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast