Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Your least/most favorite Bond movie?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Hehe...in the books he likes custom 1930's luxury hot rods. Custom as in he'll have a Bentley chassis with another make supercharged drivetrain. Which could actually be done pretty easily back then.

He had real problems during car chases (including a crash that could have killed him) because he'd be chasing or being chased by a far more capable car than his powerful land yacht. But, he dug the style and dumped most of his money into them, keeping only small places to live.

Basically, he liked big, handsome muscle cars. Maybe today Ian Fleming would have him drive a Dodge Challenger? Nah, not exotic enough for Bond.
    Bond of the books brought to 2020 would drive a custom based on a (dowdy & fallen from grace) Caddy CTS-V body but with an 800hp Mopar Hellcrate engine. And a 7 speed A/T out of a Cummins Ram.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Bond of the books brought to 2020 would drive a custom based on a (dowdy & fallen from grace) Caddy CTS-V body but with an 800hp Mopar Hellcrate engine. And a 7 speed A/T out of a Cummins Ram.
    Yea that's not bad! Not sure he'd go American made though. Is that CT-S the Alpha platform and was it developed by Daimler? If so that might work. I think he'd prefer a British or German car, but I dont think he'd rule out anything.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yea that's not bad! Not sure he'd go American made though. Is that CT-S the Alpha platform and was it developed by Daimler? If so that might work. I think he'd prefer a British or German car, but I dont think he'd rule out anything.
    The CTS-V was the caddy that 70 something year old Bob Lutz issued an open challenge, drove his daily driver to Laguna Seca, and came very close to the lap time of a factory prepped BMW with a professional racer. The V was the up-powered version. (Earlier ones were v6s).

Fair point regarding defending the crown's honor... He would take a '70s vintage Jaguar XJS and put the hellcrate 800hp V8, suitable 7 spd AT , and giant disc brake rotors with dual calipers. With suitable suspension tuning.

But look stock from the outside.

Or maybe drop in a Rolls Royce Merlin 1000hp aircraft engine. Stretch the hood a little bit if needed.

Yep, that's what I'm going with. An XJS with a Merlin v12.

The body has to be a little bit out of style, but still have an elegant grace and be a handsome car if viewed objectively.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Rats, now I'm looking for cheap XJS's to repower cuz Bond would have done so.

Turns out Lister beat me to it. Turn the XJS into a Ferrari beater with a 7liter twin supercharged 604hp engine, 6 spd manual, tuned suspension and brakes. 200 mph.

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/ev...lides-auction/

That's what Bond of the Flemming books would drive today.

As nice as the vanquish is, it would be too trendy for him. And too common. Neuvo Rich, what unwashed new money would drive.

XJ-S, I can dig it!
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 04-10-20 at 13:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Rats, now I'm looking for cheap XJS's to repower cuz Bond would have done so.

Turns out Lister beat me to it. Turn the XJS into a Ferrari beater with a 7liter twin supercharged 604hp engine, 6 spd manual, tuned suspension and brakes. 200 mph.

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/ev...lides-auction/

That's what Bond of the Flemming books would drive today.

As nice as the vanquish is, it would be too trendy for him. And too common. Neuvo Rich, what unwashed new money would drive.

XJ-S, I can dig it!
    Damn, dude! You nailed it! 😎👏👏

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I like "The Man with the Golden Gun", but the British Actor Christopher Lee has always been a favorite of mine.

Both that film and "Live and Let Die" gave us character actor Clifton James...."a swamp full of Black Russians". Pure fun.
    I agree, Britt Ekland added a certain interesting factor to that movie.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Gen X kid here, favorite is any of the Connery Bond films. Second favorite would be Daniel Craig. Roger Moore a distant 3rd, Pierce Brosnan 4th, and the others are just forgotten.

If you have a Roku device or app ready tv, if you download Pluto TV, it's free, they have a 24hr Bond channel that just plays them over and over.

If you really want to get your fix of 80's and early 90's nostalgia, there's an Unsolved Mysteries channel as well, the originals with Robert Stack not the remakes with Dennis Farina.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I liked MOST of them before Pierce Brosnan. I absolutely DETEST the current politically-correct ones, with chicks as "M" & "Q," and have therefore refused to watch them.
    I think Judi Dench did a slam up job as M in the movies she starred in. They made M into more of a supporting character with her instead of just deep background like the others.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Top 3 favorite Bond Girls:

1. Anya Amasova
    2.Vesper Lynd
    3.Domino Derval

Favorite Bond Films:

1. Thunderball
    2. Goldeneye
    3. Skyfall

Now, this is hard for me to do, so...I'm treading lightly:

I like Daniel Craig as bond more than any other bond. But I like all the Rodger Moore Bond films better than any other films. I think the plots in the Timothy Dalton films were best. And the Gadgets used in Sean Connery films.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Goldfinger was on last night. That remains probably the most popular and most beloved movie. It was iconic, it made more money then the first two, the musical score made it on the pop charts, and really cemented Sean Connery in that role.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast