Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Ammo Vendors

Feedback Score

Favorite Ammo Vendors

I'm building an ammo price tracker to fix what I see as being an issue with gun.deals and wickiarms. Both are pay-to-play without regard for the quality of the dealer whose products they list. I experinced this first had just a few weeks ago...

My tracker will only feature vetted websites with both competitive prices and rock-solid customer service. There will be no charge for dealers to have invantory indexed and listed, but each vendor will be vetted and removed if customer service falls short. So far, I've built web scraping scripts for SG Ammo and Lucky Gunner, both great companies. What are some other suppliers that you have PERSONALLY used and had a great experience with?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    SG Ammo
    Good Shooting for rimfire
    Target Sports

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My Dillon 550b is my favorite vendor. Just kidding.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My Dillon 550b is my favorite vendor. Just kidding.
    Or are you? Dillon does a fine job.

Last case of ammo I bought was from G&R Tactical but it’s been a minute.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There are already several non-pay-to-play sites that give the ‘best’ deals on ammo. One already mentioned is ammoseek.com
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Bone Frog Gun Club has always done me right. Decent prices (not spectacular) but have larger amounts of higher-end 5.56 ammo.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Military Shooters are great people
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    There are already several non-pay-to-play sites that give the ‘best’ deals on ammo. One already mentioned is ammoseek.com
    Ammo seek is decent, but their system will not track sites like academy, target sports and midway because the configuration of these sites makes it more tedious to track. I have written the script for midway and am working on academy right now. Target sports will be next.

In addition, AS indexes sights of questionable quality like Bass Pro. I want a site that only tracks the quality vendors, no surprise back orders and dishonest inventory amounts
    Last edited by madmax_fal; 04-15-20 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I gotcha, you are expanding the database. Makes sense. Interested to see the product, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax_fal View Post
    Ammo seek is decent, but their system will not track sites like academy, target sports and midway because the configuration of these sites makes it more tedious to track. I have written the script for midway and am working on academy right now. Target sports will be next.

In addition, AS indexes sights of questionable quality like Bass Pro. I want a site that only tracks the quality vendors, no surprise back orders and dishonest inventory amounts
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast