Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rifle dynamic VS Meridian defense

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior1423 View Post
    People always say you can't understand until you shoot a RD AK and can appreciate the quality and workmanship.
    I had the opportunity to handle and shoot a couple RD AK's... They are quality and the fit and finish was really good and certainly much better than my Arsenal, but honestly not noticeably different or better than my WBP Fox. I also haven't found them to be any more accurate than my other AK's in general (tho I do recognize that you are probably guaranteed to get a good shooting one with RD) and I doubt reliability is going to be any better. Honestly, I think most of the people who say 'you can't understand until you shoot one' do so because of the money they have invested in it. They get emotionally tied up and don't want to admit that what they received isn't worth the 2-3 times the cost they paid.

But again, if you want one it is your money. The only way I would tell you to absolutely not do it is if you think you'll try and sell it down the road. I've more than a few people frustrated and pissed off at how hard it is to sell a used RD rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just got a qoute from Ironbornarmory...he definitely wants way more than both meridian and RD. He is quoting me $2400. That's for a romy or polish kit. But I'm not saying that price isn't worth it because I am unsure. And he is a well respected gunsmith from what I have gathered.

There's nothing wrong with my 107...that I know of. I was more interested in sending them my rifle to tune it and make sure everything is straight and true. Again, I only ever heard people say there's nothing like shooting a well tuned AK. I have no experience with that. Who knows? I could shoot my 107 and then shoot a RD and not feel a difference. I only have been going off what people have said in forums and/or youtube reviews. That's why I say I am uneducated in the AK world. People literally say "you cant understand until you shoot one to appreciate its quality"

The one thing I don't like on my 107 is my side rail. Id like that off and then id just add a Ultimak rail. And id like to have my barrel checked to make sure its concentric for if I ever step into the suppressor world. But other than that, I have no complaints. But is Arsenal considered top tier? I see conflict statements on forums.

I would just like a top of the line AK. Just as people buy BCM, SOLGW, Sionics, Noveske, etc. We buy things like them because they use quality parts and have great quality control...and they're priced higher than other AR manufacturers because they're top tier.

I definitely appreciate your comments, though. I am extremely open to your opinions and statements.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And thats why I am asking you guys. I watch the guy on YouTube as they shoot their weapon...after theyre done shooting, they look at the weapon and make a Gay little laugh. I can't take those guys serious. But unfortunately, its all I can go off of because I dont have any other experience with AKs.

I definitely won't sell this rifle. I rarely sell any of my weapons.

I just figure that top tier AK builders use barrels with properly sized gas ports. But Again, I could be wrong

Feedback Score
    But is Arsenal considered top tier? I see conflict statements on forums.

I would just like a top of the line AK.
    They used to be... But that was when there wasn't much competition. Their finish has always been suspect and one of the chief complaints about them. I've also heard less than stellar reviews of their recent SLR-107 series rifles. Honestly, between WBP, Zastava USA, Kalashnikov USA, and arguably PSA Arsenal has a lot more legitimate competition. Regardless, as it stands now they don't have much product to move right now.

Having said all that, if you want a top tier AK I would recommend the WBP Fox. I consider WBP to be the best AK mass manufacturer going right now. The fit and finish is beautiful, the action very smooth (for an AK), and mine is actually more accurate than my BCM AR15 within 200 meters. You will want to replace the recoil spring tho.
    Last edited by amadeus76; 04-09-20 at 12:34.

Feedback Score
    I just figure that top tier AK builders use barrels with properly sized gas ports. But Again, I could be wrong
    I wouldn't make an assumption regarding that. Almost all factory AK's are over gassed. This is done so that they'll function with a wide variety of ammo. Builders don't want to get complaints (from a guy shooting weak ammo at -20F for example), so they tend to also over gas the AK's they build. Add to this that some barrel comes with the gas ports already drilled. If that's the case, then there's not much the builder can do other than install an adjustable gas piston. All that said, a top tier AK builder should be able to install a barrel and drill the gas port so that the cases eject as you would like them to.

If money isn't an object and you want the ultimate evolution of the AK, you might take a look at the Swiss Arms 55X series of firearms. They are truly made to a level that's above the vast majority of factory AK's.

Another option is a Galil Ace. Their build quality is great. While they are over gassed, that can be easily fixed with an adjustable gas piston. One of the best things about a Galil Ace is that they have railed top covers that will hold zero when removed and reinstalled.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My other concern are properly riveted parts. Forged parts and proper rivets have always been stressed when buying AKs.

I just want quality.

WBP rifles do look nice in pictures.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amadeus76 View Post
    They used to be... But that was when there wasn't much competition. Their finish has always been suspect and one of the chief complaints about them. I've also heard less than stellar reviews of their recent SLR-107 series rifles. Honestly, between WBP, Zastava USA, Kalashnikov USA, and arguably PSA Arsenal has a lot more legitimate competition. Regardless, as it stands now they don't have much product to move right now.

Having said all that, if you want a top tier AK I would recommend the WBP Fox. I consider WBP to be the best AK mass manufacturer going right now. The fit and finish is beautiful, the action very smooth (for an AK), and mine is actually more accurate than my BCM AR15 within 200 meters. You will want to replace the recoil spring tho.
    +1 too all of this. I'll add that there's Arsenal in Bulgaria and Arsenal in Nevada. Arsenal in Bulgaria established the reputation when you could get complete ready to roll rifles imported in to the US. They were great. Now, Arsenal in Nevada has to modify them for import and sec 922(r) purposes. Their quality is very very hit or miss. Their customer service is the worst I've seen in the gun business. The one thing that Arsenal in Nevada does have is a great assortment of configurations, when they're actually available. The companies above are offering more configurations though, so Arsenal can't continue to behave the same or they will suffer under the competition.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I kind of get the feeling that some of those commenting in this thread have never shot an RD gun. They are nothing like a factory built AK.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 08:21.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast