Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Made Optics

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    There hasn't been Chinese ammo since 1994 and very very few guns after 1994. Some off brand shotguns I believe. That's about it
    I WILL say, that I GREATLY enjoyed being able to plink away my college days, at $.99 per box o' 20 rds. I will hafta plead mea culpa, that it was done with Norinco ammo.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I WILL say, that I GREATLY enjoyed being able to plink away my college days, at $.99 per box o' 20 rds. I will hafta plead mea culpa, that it was done with Norinco ammo.
    That's fine. I own a Norinco AK and don't plan on getting rid of it. Bought at least 10 years ago and it's a good, solid, reliable rifle. Unless of course someone offered me a price I couldn't refuse, but that's a different story. Otherwise, I'm not going to burn up hundreds of dollars just because of what happened now! Going forward is a different story but I'm not about to go through all my belongings to toss out anything made in China, especially when I'm unemployed and wasting more money on new products would be stupid
    Last edited by Arik; 04-25-20 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It just seems foolish to me to focus on firearms accessories which make up a minuscule portion of money sent to China. Not buying that $300 scope but buying that $1200 I Phone or paying $900 a month for drugs to treat a medical condition is really going to hurt them. Do I want to buy $300 scopes made in China, no, but if I needed one and the China made one is the best value/quality available for the money it seems pretty shortsighted not to. I am all for repatriating manufacturing back to the US but we need to start with the really important stuff like drugs and electronics and the raw materials needed to make them.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    It just seems foolish to me to focus on firearms accessories which make up a minuscule portion of money sent to China. Not buying that $300 scope but buying that $1200 I Phone or paying $900 a month for drugs to treat a medical condition is really going to hurt them. Do I want to buy $300 scopes made in China, no, but if I needed one and the China made one is the best value/quality available for the money it seems pretty shortsighted not to. I am all for repatriating manufacturing back to the US but we need to start with the really important stuff like drugs and electronics and the raw materials needed to make them.
    I can not buy the scope, or the microwave or anything Apple made. Im pretty much fine with minimal stuff. But meds ...yeah those I will buy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    So, THANK GOD we have many here who agree with me, & I with them.
    So, next time you are on FB or YT with TwangnBang, MrG&G, ect..PLEASE..TELL THEM NOW we want a reasonable timeframe for both the manufacturers to move/stop production in China and for them to also stop promoting Chinese goods. Just politely tell them, this has to stop ASAP.
    There are several other places, not eve in America, but who arent at least anti-American, they can still have good stuff made cheaper.
    Those of us in agreement..please stand up.
    It'll only happen if the market wants it; just what it is.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I agree with yoni 100%- LEARN TO USE IRON SIGHTS.
    Ive shot decades longer without ANY electronic shit at all- and if it ALL disappeared tonight I really wouldnt give two shits.
    In NO WAY am I at a disadvantage with irons. Ive laughed repeatedly on this forum at dudes who seem get off on pointing out the fact theyve got this or that electronic sight and how they dont need irons. I think its idiotic and tells me about all I need to know about you as a so called "shooter"..but hey, you do you, & Ill do me.
    As for Valhalla...ALL OF IT can go piss up a rope. I was gonna sell a Holosun Ive had for a few years...but that bastard is going to the range...and it AINT coming back.
    Film at 11:00.
    Amazing virtue signaling...

Realize that you were part of the group that created the problem with your purchase of said cheap Chinese Holosun, so if you are pissed at someone, look in the mirror.

Feedback Score
    As others have stated, ChiCom optics is only a tiny portion of the problem. How many people carefully review components in their cars?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Yeah, that was my brother.. Mountains of cheap Chicom ammo through that Norinco AK that he still has and he isn't getting rid of it either nor would I encourage him to do so. Each of us will have to choose just how much Chinese product/content we are willing to tolerate in our goods. I very much am in favor of divesting ourselves from Chinese drug manufacture.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n8vmind View Post
    As others have stated, ChiCom optics is only a tiny portion of the problem. How many people carefully review components in their cars?

This is a gun forum and we are talking about optics not iPhones.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Amazing virtue signaling...

Realize that you were part of the group that created the problem with your purchase of said cheap Chinese Holosun, so if you are pissed at someone, look in the mirror.
    AS IVE SAID BEFORE BROTHER- GOING FORWARD. FROM NOW ON. THIS YEAR. ALL PAST SINS FORGIVEN.
    Ive been CRYSTAL clear here i my posts sir..go back & re-read. No virtue signaling crap or hypocrisy from anywhere.
    From JANUARY 2020 on...NO MORE CHINA CRAP. And YES..I WAS part of the group that created the problem.
    Are YOU gonna be part of the group that continues it?
    READ my posts before making false claims. I dont do it to you & you aint gonna do it me.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast