Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Made Optics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    If half the people in America bought $20 less of Chinese crap each week, it would amount to 170 billion a year. Just saying, I only buy something with China on it when I have absolutely no other choice.
    Amen!!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Well I put my money where my mouth is. I bought a vortex amg uh-1 gen2. American made. I’ll run it through it’s paces and then if it holds up I’ll be buying more and selling off some holosuns.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Well I put my money where my mouth is. I bought a vortex amg uh-1 gen2. American made. I’ll run it through it’s paces and then if it holds up I’ll be buying more and selling off some holosuns.
    That price from Europtic was tempting me yesterday. For now, I’ll stick with the Gen 1 and save my pennies. Another optic would have been “extra.” (Unless anyone wants to buy my Huey for $350.).
    The only Chinese optic I still have is a blemished Primary Arms MRDS offset on a M&P15-22. I see no reason to replace working optics, but neither do I plan to purchase any more. If I need cheap Aimpoint imitators, I’m inclined to go with “American” SIG models.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I was just across the street from the Chinese embassy in DC, a lot of our tax money is being spent protecting them right now. Lots of Secret Service cars around it.
    **** em. Let it burn. We shouldn’t waste another dollar on them. And it’s time to call in the note on the money we lent them during WWII. If we did that, they actually owe us more than we owe them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    That price from Europtic was tempting me yesterday. For now, I’ll stick with the Gen 1 and save my pennies. Another optic would have been “extra.” (Unless anyone wants to buy my Huey for $350.).
    The only Chinese optic I still have is a blemished Primary Arms MRDS offset on a M&P15-22. I see no reason to replace working optics, but neither do I plan to purchase any more. If I need cheap Aimpoint imitators, I’m inclined to go with “American” SIG models.
    Pretty sure the SIG sights are all Chinese as well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Pretty sure the SIG sights are all Chinese as well.
    Several are "assembled in the USA" but obviously from some or all foreign components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    My take on China sourced weapon stuff puts me in mind of the old commie saying,

"The Capitalists Will Sell Us the Rope with Which We Will Hang Them"

update that to,

"The Commies Will Sell Us the Scopes with Which We Will Shoot Them"
    The problem is that we are buying the scopes with which they improve their military technology. They steal our (and Europe's) optical technology, manufacture it for us cheap to sell to dumb American's looking for "affordable" then use the funds and stolen technology to improve their military capabilities versus the rest of the world (especially us).

I always avoid buying Chinese when possible, but I REFUSE to purchase any significant firearms accessory (especially optics because that is really the crux of the technological advancement right now) that supports the advancement of the CCP. While I don't always know where all the components of optics come from, I do my absolute best to avoid Chinese products. It ain't cheap and it means that I have to be very deliberate and patient when purchasing optics, but I won't compromise to save money. Americans are our own worst enemy. We want the latest, high quality tech, and we want it cheap.

I really hope that COVID wakes Americans up to the threat that China is to US sovereignty. At least Trump sees it. Maybe these embargoes will make US companies think twice about outsourcing to China.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Up until about a year ago, I had pared back most voluntary purchases of Chinese goods, though I'd get a few nonessential items (including well made low-cost optics like those at Primary Arms).

However, in addition to all their known years of massive human rights violations, murder of dissidents, suppression of free speech and thought, forced abortions, slave labor conditions imposed on their own people, theft of our technology and military secrets, and economic manipulation, they've now added two more outrages that show just how despicable the Chicoms really are:
    * They've ended democracy in Hong Kong.
    * They knowingly allowed international travel to continue out of Wuhan for several weeks BEFORE they sounded the alarm about Covid. Making it clearly they had decided if they were going down with Covid, they were going to drag the West down with them. This is an editorial side note, but IMHO, this is clearly an act of "war by intentional negligence" and we should be imposing massive sanctions on China.

So with that background...not gonna' judge anybody else but my family have completely ended--100%--of any voluntary purchases of Chinese goods. In some cases you can't help buying Chinese if that's the only place you can get certain things (e.g. antiobiotics?), or if buying an items where key sub assemblies were made in China. It's taken years for the US to get itself and its manufacturing all foolishly entangled with and totally dependent on China. So we'll not be able to end of all that in a day, or even a year. But we can all start making choices today, to hold China to account.

And yeah, I LOVE Primary Arms, their service and their products. They sell plenty of stuff that's not made in China. But I won't be buying any more of their Chinese-made optics, ever. Or any other US optics company products which have some of their low-end models made in China. Which is too bad, I actually liked the Cyclops optic I got last year and posted about it, I really hope that P.A. finds a way to eventually shift the manufacturing of those products to other countries that are democratic and friendly to the US, even if means price increases.
    Last edited by maximus83; 08-02-20 at 03:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see no reason to rid ones self of previously purchased chinese made optics or anything else chinese made. The money has already exchanged hands so use it as you wish. But I for one, will not knowingly purchase anymore chinese made goods if it can be helped. Maximus83 is right, it will take years of determined effort to disentangle ourselves from the communists so some items will have to be bought from them. But I plan to minimize that volume as much as possible for myself and my family.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a Nikon SuperDot, made in the Phillipines. They are being or are discontinued by Nikon and available for $130 - 150 in a few places. I definitely would recommend one over a Chinese made dot at the same price range - they are clear, micro-sized, and I am happy with mine. Unfortunately, they don't use the micro pattern mount holes, so you are stuck with the mount they supply.

Like the chinesium dots, I would be a little cautious about using it on a serious use gun, but they make a great 22 lr or range gun optic.

Nikon is not going anywhere and claims they will honor their warranties - buyer beware.

I also bought a made-in-Korea Bushnell Mini Cannon. Pass this one up. They use push buttons and turn on to the brightest selection every time - no memory to return to the last selection. It is absolutely maddening to me. They do have 3 reticles and a dot you can select - my wife claimed the cannon because she likes that feature. Since I can't return it, it will live on a 22 lr she shoots.

Andy

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast