Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Made Optics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    He was quoting the OP and the OP's location is literally listed as "communist territory"
    Dang- I had to go look, I thought he was talking about me- hell Im in Alabama-no commies here!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    My location is Virginia. Yes its a communist territory and yes we are leaving.

Just because it may not be possible to avoid chinese products 100% doesn't mean you're a hypocrite. The all or none mentality is not the answer. No reason to give up and go full blown Moa because your America made product has something in it sourced from china.
    Last edited by prepare; 04-09-20 at 05:03.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I agree with not buying china products , but a company like PA would put themselves out of business if they changed everything right away. To many selfish americans dont care about where things come from, just the cost. Many are not willing to pay$5 more for something let alone $100

I do think it would be a good idea to start implementing a plan to move out of china and find resources elsewhere for companies like PA. I would think somewhere like India would be capable of doing the same thing production and cost wise. It would be a matter of infrastructure and getting things set up in said companies

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    In my opinion, the consumer will reward the optics manufacturer that is able to stamp, "Made in the U.S.A.," on their product. This is more applicable now than it has been in a long time.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    In my opinion, the consumer will reward the optics manufacturer that is able to stamp, "Made in the U.S.A.," on their product. This is more applicable now than it has been in a long time.
    Curious question. Does there have to be a certain % of parts made/assembled in USA to put Made in USA or just up to the MFG/Dealer to do what they want.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I don't know.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Curious question. Does there have to be a certain % of parts made/assembled in USA to put Made in USA or just up to the MFG/Dealer to do what they want.
    In my opinion- hell yes. I believe full disclosure should be made. "Assembled in US with imported parts from China"...or some such. Should NOT be left up to mfg/dealers to misrepresent..aka LIE..about where parts are from & where assembled.
    GOING FORWARD- every effort from this point on should be to get manufacturers the hell out of China. China was/is the EASY place to go to. China was the CHEAP place to go to. NO MORE. They have now damaged us past the point of no return. Almost NOTHING they produce is now more important than the damage theyve done worldwide. Even decades before this- the trade gap terribly undermined America's best interest. Praise Almighty God Donald Trump has brought this to light & fought against it. RKB is 100% CORRECT- it will be a feather in a manufacturers cap to advertise MADE IN USA going forward. To me, its always been a plus.
    STOP buying that shit- STOP manufacturing in China- and go elsewhere. If not America, there are beaucoup other places where good stuff is being made. The era of the easy money is over.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    For sub$500 optics with decent glass, it is gonna be tough to have it made outside of China or some other third world country.
    Heck, even the $7000+ "made in Japan" research microscope at work still contain Chinese made components.

All depends on how much people are willing to pay to have it made. For starters, people can stop upgrading Foxconn made iPhones every few years....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    There is a certain amount of parts and or assembly that must be done to be labelled either "made in America" or "assembled in America". I tried looking up the details once and it is apparently very convoluted and the actual values/figures aren't always clear. The easiest answer is Berry Amendment compliant. Unfortunately I doubt we will see any 100% USA made optics anytime soon, as there are zero optical glass suppliers in North America. I have no issue with European optics, even optics made in Southeast Asia, just not China. For the record, I also don't buy guns(or products of any sort) manufactured in a Muslim country for the same reasons and then some. For example, Canik firearms, or any of the Darya(Diarrhea) shotguns. The Stoeger polymer striker fired gun is also made in Turkey(Muslim nation).
    Last edited by Mysteryman; 04-10-20 at 03:33.

Feedback Score
    Is Leupold not made in the U.S.?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast