Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Made Optics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Is Leupold not made in the U.S.?
    I believe some are assembled in America, but every part is not from the US. I read a while back it is VERY difficult for an optic company to have glass made/coated in the US because of EPA regulations. I do not think there is a company in the US making optics glass

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is Leupold not made in the U.S.?
    They are not. They are assembled in the USA with foreign parts, see Chinese internals. I believe some Leupold lines are entirely made offshore. Conveniently Leupold won't disclose where their parts come from. They used to indicate their parts were from "Asia" like it was a nation rather than a continent. The fact they won't/don't proudly indicate where the parts come from would indicate to a smarter individual that those parts are from China, those parts are garbage, and Leupold isn't particularly proud of it.

Feedback Score
    I've heard the same is true for electrical components/circuit boards in Surefire flashlights.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I do not have any problems with optics made in Japan, The Phillipines, or Europe. I would prefer that as much of my consumer dollar stay inside the U.S. as possible but I also live for the bargain and my last 2 scope purchases (Vortex HS and Nikon Monarch) each cost me $150-$200 less than an equivalent Leupold. For what it's worth, both are marked The Phillipines.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-11-20 at 07:51.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My take on China sourced weapon stuff puts me in mind of the old commie saying,

"The Capitalists Will Sell Us the Rope with Which We Will Hang Them"

update that to,

"The Commies Will Sell Us the Scopes with Which We Will Shoot Them"

Do I like giving money to commies, no, but if they will provide Americans with goods to make us better fighters in the coming struggle and will do so in a cost effective manner it would be somewhat foolish to not avail ourselves while we can. At least until there are other options available, in other words don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

I do hope and believe that companies will look long and hard at moving production out of China if possible but that will take some time. Honestly I am much more worried about pharmaceuticals and electronics than weapon accessories which after all are a tiny percent of things in the big picture.

Also I already spend much more money supporting Commies in the Federal Gov than I do China, if I had a choice I would cut them off first.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 04-11-20 at 08:00.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    What would be an incentive to manufacture quality optics here?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What would be an incentive to manufacture quality optics here?
    People like me telling companies they aint buying commie crap anymore. Thats a pretty good one.

MOD EDIT: Pick better descriptors, given that it’s not an exclusively communist nationality.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think someone mentioned before, loosen the environmental regulations to allow lens coating, I can't believe this can't be done is a safe environmental friendly manner. But already scopes are being made or at least assembled here, Nightforce, Sig etc., any scopes being supplied to the US military have to be Barry Compliant I believe.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I think someone mentioned before, loosen the environmental regulations to allow lens coating, I can't believe this can't be done is a safe environmental friendly manner. But already scopes are being made or at least assembled here, Nightforce, Sig etc., any scopes being supplied to the US military have to be Barry Compliant I believe.
    What Sig scopes are made here?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    What Sig scopes are made here?
    What scopes are made HERE with parts made HERE?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast