Thread: *Solution found* Modular dangler/hanger panel?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

*Solution found* Modular dangler/hanger panel?

I was about to buy a Spiritus SACK to mount IFAK contents to an EGL VOCR when I wondered if anyone makes a dangler style placard with webbing instead of a dedicated sewn-in-place pouch. I've been looking around and haven't found any manufacturer that produces anything like this that's turnkey ready to ship. My idea is this gives a little more modularity for those who might have a piece of gear that doesn't fit within the confines of the dedicated danglers that are on the market; i.e. I have a Dark Angel DARK kit that comes with a really nice pouch, everything vacuum sealed inside, and a place to store shears on the side. But being really tall the pouch doesn't exactly fit well anywhere on a Blue Alpha Gear 1.75" MOLLE belt. Thoughts, criticisms? Worst case scenario I try sewing one up myself, failing miserably, and still buying a SACK or similar pouch.

4-27-20 edit: See post # 6 for solution
    Last edited by Leonidas24; 04-27-20 at 20:36.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I have seen several all-molle dangler panels in the past, although I'm not sure if anyone makes them anymore (didn't seem a popular option, and they were upright type webbing anyway).
    However, I have never seen any company that makes a horizontal molle panel like you want.
    You'd have to either have it custom made, or use a regular dangler pouch that fits your med stuff.

If price is a thing, Beez makes pretty much an exact Ferro dangler clone for like $30 (Although lead is a month), and WTF Idea has a PIMPS belly bag in that size as well for like $32 (I have one, I'd say it's about 85% as good as a SACK) if you want something to try for cheap without dropping like $70 on a SACK.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I have seen several all-molle dangler panels in the past, although I'm not sure if anyone makes them anymore (didn't seem a popular option, and they were upright type webbing anyway).
    However, I have never seen any company that makes a horizontal molle panel like you want.
    You'd have to either have it custom made, or use a regular dangler pouch that fits your med stuff.

If price is a thing, Beez makes pretty much an exact Ferro dangler clone for like $30 (Although lead is a month), and WTF Idea has a PIMPS belly bag in that size as well for like $32 (I have one, I'd say it's about 85% as good as a SACK) if you want something to try for cheap without dropping like $70 on a SACK.
    I've been in touch with a couple mfrs and most are working on masks, and aren't willing to take on new custom work. Extreme Gear Labs was willing to make it if I purchased another one of his drop pouches. It's not a terrible idea but I'd still end up with a pouch that negates the modular hanger.

After searching a little more I found that AXL advanced makes a chest rig expander called the B-Wing, which when turned 90 degrees is basically what I'm looking for. A little more looking and AXL also makes the Sub Load Adapter Panel (SLAP) which is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but the laser cut is for the vertical placement of pouches. After emailing AXL I browsed through the WTF Idea website and found this:

https://www.wtfidea.com/pimps-modular-expanders/

Boom. I know it's designed to expand the load carriage capability of chest rigs like the AXL B-Wing but it'll work. My only concern at the moment is long term durability, and I'm still waiting for AXL to get back with me on whether or not they can adjust the orientation of the cuts on the SLAP to support horizontal mounting. I've already ordered the PIMPS adapter, and if AXL can modify a SLAP to my needs I'll order one of those as well and report back on how it works out.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    I've been in touch with a couple mfrs and most are working on masks, and aren't willing to take on new custom work. Extreme Gear Labs was willing to make it if I purchased another one of his drop pouches. It's not a terrible idea but I'd still end up with a pouch that negates the modular hanger.

After searching a little more I found that AXL advanced makes a chest rig expander called the B-Wing, which when turned 90 degrees is basically what I'm looking for. A little more looking and AXL also makes the Sub Load Adapter Panel (SLAP) which is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but the laser cut is for the vertical placement of pouches. After emailing AXL I browsed through the WTF Idea website and found this:

Boom. I know it's designed to expand the load carriage capability of chest rigs like the AXL B-Wing but it'll work. My only concern at the moment is long term durability, and I'm still waiting for AXL to get back with me on whether or not they can adjust the orientation of the cuts on the SLAP to support horizontal mounting. I've already ordered the PIMPS adapter, and if AXL can modify a SLAP to my needs I'll order one of those as well and report back on how it works out.
    Well, I am an idiot; totally forgot about the expander panels. Those are great ideas.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    After having a bit of time to play around with the WTF chest rig expander panels I'm convinced this needs to be a turnkey accessory for chest rigs. A FS 6/12 tubes attachment system is about the only thing I can see that would make this better. Otherwise being plug-and-play with the hook and loop attachment makes it pretty easy to adjust gear on the go. Now to the meat and potatoes.

The expander panels are configurable between 2-4 columns of webbing, and under normal use could be used to expand the horizontal load carrying capabilities of a chest rig or plate carrier placard. They're sold in pairs for $20 and are manufactured from laser cut ACRONYM material which is basically laminated 500d cordura nylon. I tried tearing a section of webbing with my hands and it wouldn't give, and with that said I'm comfortable saying it'll sustain most abuse that I can throw at it. In the configuration below I have one of the panels suspended below the chest rig which is an EGL VOCR-3, and it is attached via hook and loop to the back of the chest rig. The hook and loop panel on the PIMPS expander is HUGE, and my attempts to rip it off from the front were useless. The pics show a Dark Angel IFAK oriented top facing right, but the basic idea is that in this position it's accessible by either hand, and the contents of the IFAK I've left sealed as they were shipped by Dark Angel. A Gen 4 SOFTT-W tourniquet is stored in the EGL stuff-it pouch above the IFAK.

The second panel is currently configured with a WTF double M4 mag pouch and if paired with another panel and pouch would expand the load carrying capability of the chest rig from 3 to 7 mags. I'll be running the shown configuration in a Rainier Arms 2-day carbine class next month for both days to see how it holds up to tactical break dancing, though I don't expect it'll have an issue.