Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Trigger....Single Stage or Two Stage

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    No love for KAC 2-stage ..?
    I run G SSA's on all my guns, however I didn't change out my KAC 2 stage from my SR15. Feels similar enough to my SSA's that I still love it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    If you want a SPR or accuracy type rig go with a 2 stage, the geissele SSA-E is my recommendation. If you want to run it fast for 3gun/ 2gun type stuff I say go for a single stage like a CMC or a timney. The geissele SD3G is a hybrid, it’s a single stage but has a rolling break. The geissele SSP my buddy has is great, he has a gen 1 trigger. I heard the new ones have a bit of movement before hand.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    @Pappabear @MistWolf

I appreciate the feedback, thanks much.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    @Pappabear @MistWolf

I appreciate the feedback, thanks much.
    No Prob, good luck.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Single Stage vs 2 Stage. Honestly I think it all comes down to what your preference is. Obviously as posted above, people all have their different flavors, brands, likes and dislikes. One of the hardest things to convey is the "feel" of a trigger. I always laugh when I watch a video and someone is explaining how awesome a trigger is, or how it feels to them. Unless you actually have used a trigger, its hard to have some sort of frame of reference.

My OPINION is that, if you can, either meet people at the range or if there is some one on the forum that lives close to you, and they have a different trigger, ask them if you can at least try the trigger out via dry fire to see what the pull is like. The only way you are going to understand the difference in any trigger is through testing it out. A lot of good quality triggers cost a little bit of coin. It can be a tough pill to swallow to go out and dump over $200 on a Geissele. Larue isn't as expensive, but what if you don't like it? If you can, find someone close to your location that may have a trigger that you are interested in and see if you can at least dry fire it.

My trigger collection consists of both single and 2 stage triggers. I have some Geissele SSA and SSA-E triggers for my 2 stage. I use the SSA-E's for my "precision" guns, and my SSA's for my go to guns. I also have single stage triggers by BCM, Sionics, and LMT. I used to have a few Colt USGI triggers. The Colt's were my least favorite out of the box. They were gritty on the trigger pull. The BCM's, Sionics, and LMT triggers that I have all pull without any gritty feeling, and have a nice crisp break. So with all of that said, I can't convey how those will feel to you. I could say that you wouldn't be disappointed in any of those triggers, but I don't know how you would feel about those triggers. I do enjoy the 2 stage trigger because its easier to predict when they will break and its much easier to take a precision shot without disturbing point of aim.

Good luck on finding the right trigger. I am probably going to pick up a Larue MBT-2 to give it a whirl and see how good they are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Be warned - buying your first decent trigger is more expensive than you may think. Sure, a few hundred dollars won't break the bank and a good trigger will give you years of service.

The real expense shows its head after you become accustomed to the relatively light, creep free, predictable trigger pull on one rifle. Before you know it, you will find yourself convinced that a $75 trigger upgrade for a $200 10-22 is not something that would be nice to have - it is an absolute necessity. Lord help you if you own a Ruger M77 - you will be amazed you can even keep a few rounds on a paper target before you buy the Timney or Rifle Basic replacement.

Now that you've been warned - I own and use 2 LaRue 2 stage triggers, a Gisele G2S, a BCM PNT, and a PSA EPT.

The BCM enhanced, polished and plated trigger is very smooth and consistent, but a tad heavy, the PSA enhanced is very good and a bit cheaper. I would expect any of the polished and plated single stage triggers, including the original ALG ACT, the Sionics, etc. to be similar and a good trigger for the cost. The PSA triggers are the least expensive, but may have more trigger-to-trigger variation and potential for spring/pin problems than the others.

I am happy enough with the G2S, but it used a different hammer pin retention system I am not fond of and was twice the price of the LaRue trigger. I will only buy the LaRue trigger or an enhanced/polished/plated trigger for my purposes, I just don't feel the value is there with a $100+ AR trigger.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-15-20 at 08:24.

Feedback Score
    I love a single tuned precision trigger that is crisp and breaks clean in a precision rifle or 1911. But went with a two stage geissle in my ar and have been very happy with it. Best choice I could have made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Ijs8588, you might wanna re-think that Wilson TTU. A popped primer getting down in the works will be a major PITA to dig out.
    So, for posterity, I got the TTU in today. I played around with it a bit before installing. The whole thing is held together with 2 bushings. 1 for the trigger & 1 for the hammer. It's easy to pop apart & disassemble, then reassemble. I did it without issue. If you're concerned about cleaning it out due to debris like a popped primer, don't be.

It has a very short first stage that I found a bit spongy, an ultra crisp break, and an excellent reset. I'm sure that first stage will smooth out with use.

Just wanted to follow up on this.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update. Which model of TTU did you go with?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    Thanks for the update. Which model of TTU did you go with?
    TTU-M2 4-ish pound 2 stage.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast