Thread: looking for M1 Garand clips

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

looking for M1 Garand clips

Looking for new Garand clips, any recommendations on a supplier?

Came across https://www.ammogarand.com/m1-garand...roducti18.html anyone have experience with them, if so, what do you thing of them?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Back when I was stocking up clips to take a carbine class with a Garand, I frequently bought from Ebay. Lotta suppliers offered large bulk buys. I may have had a handful of issues with the hundreds of surplus clips I ended up with. Is there a reason you're looking for new clips?
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Back when I was stocking up clips to take a carbine class with a Garand, I frequently bought from Ebay. Lotta suppliers offered large bulk buys. I may have had a handful of issues with the hundreds of surplus clips I ended up with. Is there a reason you're looking for new clips?
    Purchasing for my twin-grandchildren and figured new would be without some of the issues with surplus clips. Interesting reading your "may have had a handful of issues", maybe I just readjust my thinking.

Thank you for the info.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Purchasing for my twin-grandchildren and figured new would be without some of the issues with surplus clips. Interesting reading your "may have had a handful of issues", maybe I just readjust my thinking.

Thank you for the info.
    Not a problem. I'd advise just buying a large bulk amount from somewhere and going from there. The vast, overwhelming majority should work fine.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How many are you looking for?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I ordered a box of like 25 from the CMP, it was this same brand, they have worked well. (marked CMP 3, codes here https://www.ammogarand.com/m1gaclco.html)

I'd compare shipping costs between the CMP and the store you linked, just buy whichever is cheapest.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Miller View Post
    I ordered a box of like 25 from the CMP, it was this same brand, they have worked well. (marked CMP 3, codes here https://www.ammogarand.com/m1gaclco.html)

I'd compare shipping costs between the CMP and the store you linked, just buy whichever is cheapest.
    IIRC, the CMP recently said that they're temporarily shutting down because of the 'rona, so you might have to get them from ammogarand if you need them in a hurry.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    IIRC, the CMP recently said that they're temporarily shutting down because of the 'rona, so you might have to get them from ammogarand if you need them in a hurry.
    Only needed 20 eight rounds & 4 five rounds, ammogarand shipped them yesterday.

Therefore each boy has 10 & 2. They are biting at the bit.

Feedback Score
    Ammogarand is good to go; I've bought enblocs and other items from them. No issues. Also sells a mix of reproduction and original small parts which is fine; just read the description so you are sure you are getting what you're looking for.