Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update MK12 Scope

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Update MK12 Scope

Need to replace the MK4 3-9 on a MK12 with something more user friendly for under $1000. Looking for ideas.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    I’m in the same boat I’m upgrading from VXR patrol 3-9. I had a Burris XTR-2 4-20 on it which was overkill but that’s now in my bolt gun. I’m considering the XTR 2-10 I have looked at those nice glass great tracking, also debating on a fixed 10 with a back up red dot since I seem to always shoot at max-power anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run a Vortex PST Gen 2 on one of mine; 2-10X MIL/MIL.
    Scope is repeatable dialing come ups, back to zero. As cheap as I'll go that checks all my boxes.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I run a Vortex PST Gen 2 on one of mine; 2-10X MIL/MIL.
    Scope is repeatable dialing come ups, back to zero. As cheap as I'll go that checks all my boxes.
    This is a good option if you want that power range

The new PA GLX 2.5-10x44 may also be a good option. Has a version of their ACSS reticle and price isnt bad at $649. these are made in the Philippines and have heard good things. They had to redo these because of a patent issue, but new ones should be in soon

https://www.primaryarms.com/glx-2.5-...2-5.56-reticle

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hmm, the Vortex and the PA both look nice.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Actually kind of tempted by this one, 3-15, have to study on the reticle some.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Vortex-Vip...-PST-3159.aspx

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Right now Sport Optics is 13% off on Vortex, that puts the PST 2x10 at $739 with free shipping. FYI

https://www.sportoptics.com/vortex-viper-pst-2105.aspx

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    ViperPST is where I'd wind up setting on for that price point, unless you find a fairly cheap used Mk4 Leupold or something (to where you can get the mount covered in the price - that's what I did, and while it's not truly optimal, it does work for how frequently I really use my Mk12)
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can you define what "more user friendly" features you are looking for?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Can you define what "more user friendly" features you are looking for?
    It's got a MK4 3x9 (rare) on there now, what I don't like about it is the illumination switch is absolute garbage, have to keep it taped down to keep in in off, and it uses a Aimpoint 1/3 N battery. It also has 1/2 MOA windage and 1 MOA BDC elevation for 62 grain 5.56 and I only shoot 77 grain, yeah I know I can order the right knob from the Leupold custom shop but I never got around to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast