Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update MK12 Scope

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    It's got a MK4 3x9 (rare) on there now, what I don't like about it is the illumination switch is absolute garbage, have to keep it taped down to keep in in off, and it uses a Aimpoint 1/3 N battery. It also has 1/2 MOA windage and 1 MOA BDC elevation for 62 grain 5.56 and I only shoot 77 grain, yeah I know I can order the right knob from the Leupold custom shop but I never got around to it.
    By user friendly you mean you want something that isnt an outdated piece of junk?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    By user friendly you mean you want something that isnt an outdated piece of junk?
    We prefer the term 'period correct'.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    We prefer the term 'period correct'.
    You mean the dark ages of mil reticle/moa turrets?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a somewhat correct Leupold M3 on my more correct MK12 MOD1 SPR upper. I am pretty sure that if I got a modern SPR scope (ACSS reticle?) I would just build a lighter modern SPR around it!

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Right now I would recommend sending it in to get the illumination fixed and a 77gr turret.

What else are you looking for in a new scope?

Power range?

Reticle?

Weight?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just picked up a Bushnell Forge 2.5x15 with their Deploy reticle for insanely cheap from Midway, after the rebate it was $250 - retails for around $800 right now. So far it's proven to be pretty damn good and tracks well. I've shot a mix a 69gr and 77gr out of my Mk12 Mod 1. I ditched the ARMS lever mounts for a cantilever mount to get the optic where I wanted as the Bushnell isn't a small piece of glass.

My work gun and my SP10 all run glass with a H59 mil reticle, and this deploy was similar, albeit moa.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post
    I just picked up a Bushnell Forge 2.5x15 with their Deploy reticle for insanely cheap from Midway, after the rebate it was $250 - retails for around $800 right now. So far it's proven to be pretty damn good and tracks well. I've shot a mix a 69gr and 77gr out of my Mk12 Mod 1. I ditched the ARMS lever mounts for a cantilever mount to get the optic where I wanted as the Bushnell isn't a small piece of glass.

My work gun and my SP10 all run glass with a H59 mil reticle, and this deploy was similar, albeit moa.
    Link for the rebate?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    Link for the rebate?
    It may have ended... but check Bushnell.com and any e-mails you may have received from Midway.

Bushnell.com promotions shows this is active : BUY ANY BUSHNELL OPTIC PRODUCT BETWEEN APRIL 1, 2020 AND APRIL 30, 2020, AND RECEIVE A 30% MAIL-IN REBATE.
    The deal was a double dip sort of speak as Midway was offering a killer sale. You then provide proof of purchase to Bushnell and they rebate you a percentage based on what you spent. I should have bought a few now that I think about it.

EDIT - NEVERMIND, that's only for our Canadian northern brothers. Looks like the promo ended.
    Last edited by ZoneOne; 04-16-20 at 12:59.
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post
    It may have ended... but check Bushnell.com and any e-mails you may have received from Midway.

Bushnell.com promotions shows this is active : BUY ANY BUSHNELL OPTIC PRODUCT BETWEEN APRIL 1, 2020 AND APRIL 30, 2020, AND RECEIVE A 30% MAIL-IN REBATE.
    The deal was a double dip sort of speak as Midway was offering a killer sale. You then provide proof of purchase to Bushnell and they rebate you a percentage based on what you spent. I should have bought a few now that I think about it.

EDIT - NEVERMIND, that's only for our Canadian northern brothers. Looks like the promo ended.
    That’s what I thought. Too good to be true.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    That’s what I thought. Too good to be true.
    It was true - you just missed it

Midway still has the Forge 2.5-15 for $399 which is what I got it for, but the rebate is gone. Still a good optic for the money IMO. (Only 1 left)
    Last edited by ZoneOne; 04-16-20 at 13:47.
    LEO 2012 - Current

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast