Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Companies that are handling "The Panic" well....or not...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Companies that are handling "The Panic" well....or not...

I've had absolutely stellar results with Target Sports. Great communication, no cancelled orders and stuff ships really quickly even with demand being what it is.

Aim Surplus has been great. I was able to order ammo from them kinda last minute, twice recently. Shipped promptly, very fairly priced. No issues.

Great service from CDNN. I've bought a huge amount of AR15 parts from their Bushmaster/DPMS liquidation in several batches. Fair prices, orders 100% correct- and everything in stock actually in stock, shipped promptly.

Who are your "Heroes of the Great Covid Panic"?
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Academy has been good, especially since Mrs. Mac has been posting updates of in-stock items on the Military Arms Channel FB page.

Target Sports has also been great. Their Prime membership has already paid its self back this year.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    My two oldest sons work at Harris-Teeter (grocery story), baggers/cart haulers. They have been awesome with employees, giving them bonuses, gift cards, all sorts of nice gifts. So as an employer, they have been exemplary.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have had orders with SKD and Blue Force Gear since things went pear shaped and they were great to deal with.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I ordered some pistol powder from Grafs on March 24 and nothing yet. It does say orders are taking longer and that's understood, but dam I figured it would be sorted out by now. I'm not desperate for power at all just getting ahead of the game I guess, I could "almost" see 2008/2009 creeping back, LOL I know it will show up eventually so I'll just sit back and wait.
    As far as where I work they gave us a $3 dollar an hour increase & if you worked your scheduled Vacation they would pay you 3 times your hourly wage! You would use/lose your vacation that you were taking but so what, that's not bad! Vacation had to have been scheduled before the SHTF though.

Feedback Score
    HEB has been absolutely on top of things, they started getting ready way before this thing hit us.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/he...irus-pandemic/

Also, I have been really impressed by Rogue Fitness. Not so much for them shipping out workout equipment, which they have been doing when possible, but they have retooled to make PPE and vents when they could be making tons of money using those resources for workout equipment.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As a retailer of hardware and housewares, I have been seeing a crunch that is not completely our fault. I imagine it's the same way for other retailers. Since all manufacturers, wholesalers, and transportation companies have a wide range of reaction to this pandemic; there is a wide ranging amount of delay when it comes to shipping. I wouldn't label it as "panic" buying, but we are seeing a substantial increase in many items well beyond toilet paper. Their is a HUGE upswing in people buying seeds and associated garden supplies. We are also seeing a HUGE upswing in canning jars and supplies. So much so, that those manufacturers of those products aren't keeping up. My wife runs our crafting and sewing departments. Her major vendors have closed their warehouses (?) and are not supplying product at all.

Feedback Score
    I maintained a steady growth in ammo for years and did not find myself needing to do Gun related stuff during the panic.

On another note, there is a large watch dealer based in Singapore. Huge selection. Swiss brands that aren’t marketed in America. Asian domestic market pieces, etc. I ordered a watch Friday night at 1AM. I was emailed a ship notice Saturday morning. A DHL van dropped it off about 9AM Monday.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    As a retailer of hardware and housewares, I have been seeing a crunch that is not completely our fault. I imagine it's the same way for other retailers. Since all manufacturers, wholesalers, and transportation companies have a wide range of reaction to this pandemic; there is a wide ranging amount of delay when it comes to shipping. I wouldn't label it as "panic" buying, but we are seeing a substantial increase in many items well beyond toilet paper. Their is a HUGE upswing in people buying seeds and associated garden supplies. We are also seeing a HUGE upswing in canning jars and supplies. So much so, that those manufacturers of those products aren't keeping up. My wife runs our crafting and sewing departments. Her major vendors have closed their warehouses (?) and are not supplying product at all.
    I can see that but one thing I will not tolerate, especially right now is a company that pulls that bullshit of shipping by UPS/Fed Ex etc...and then passing off for final delivery to USPS. That easily adds, 3-4 days to the process resulting inevitably in the delivery falling on a weekend etc...when I'm not at my office.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Speaking as an employee the BNSF Railway has handled this crisis poorly from my view.

From the standpoint of employee safety the company has been recalcitrant to change any operations practices, or improve sanitation conditions on equipment or on company property. We’re still required to ride around in dirty equipment owned by the company, and even filthier third party transportation to and from our filthy equipment. For train crews desiring a clean locomotive it’s been on us and out of our own pockets to clean, up until this week. This week the company grudgingly supplied bleach, shop towels, and water with instructions on making our own wipes. Hand sanitizer is still not supplied.

Treatment of employees has deteriorated, because the RR never misses an opportunity to abuse employees when they can. With this goal in mind no allowances have been made for attendance, unless quarantined by doctors orders. If we get quarantined it is without pay for train service employees, and we get to jump through our own asses to get cleared by the company to mark back up to work. So obviously no one who gets sick will admit it because no one wants to go a month without pay. Great way to spread disease, I’m sure they don’t care although they will discipline anyone they can “prove” goes to work knowing they might be ill.

The company has also seized on the reduction in business to furlough as many people as possible, and threaten to furlough even more. Discipline cases are on the rise because a surplus of man power gives them the opportunity to outright fire as many people as possible for the most minor reasons. This has made our local management very happy because some of them genuinely hate subordinate employees.

In the meantime they’re touting to the public how we are doing our part to keep the lights on, medicine, food, fuel, and other goods delivered. Good corporate citizens. Blah blah blah. Don’t look behind the curtain!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast