Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Companies that are handling "The Panic" well....or not...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    ...rather than pulling a (G).
    Did you just coin a new phrase?

Primary Arms. Talked about delays when I ordered, still got a BCG to me in 3 days by First Class mail.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Did you just coin a new phrase?
    Only if people start using it...
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    What liquids are you shipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Wheat and corn products.
    Bourbon and vodka!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Speaking as an employee the BNSF Railway has handled this crisis poorly from my view.

From the standpoint of employee safety the company has been recalcitrant to change any operations practices, or improve sanitation conditions on equipment or on company property. We’re still required to ride around in dirty equipment owned by the company, and even filthier third party transportation to and from our filthy equipment. For train crews desiring a clean locomotive it’s been on us and out of our own pockets to clean, up until this week. This week the company grudgingly supplied bleach, shop towels, and water with instructions on making our own wipes. Hand sanitizer is still not supplied.

Treatment of employees has deteriorated, because the RR never misses an opportunity to abuse employees when they can. With this goal in mind no allowances have been made for attendance, unless quarantined by doctors orders. If we get quarantined it is without pay for train service employees, and we get to jump through our own asses to get cleared by the company to mark back up to work. So obviously no one who gets sick will admit it because no one wants to go a month without pay. Great way to spread disease, I’m sure they don’t care although they will discipline anyone they can “prove” goes to work knowing they might be ill.

The company has also seized on the reduction in business to furlough as many people as possible, and threaten to furlough even more. Discipline cases are on the rise because a surplus of man power gives them the opportunity to outright fire as many people as possible for the most minor reasons. This has made our local management very happy because some of them genuinely hate subordinate employees.

In the meantime they’re touting to the public how we are doing our part to keep the lights on, medicine, food, fuel, and other goods delivered. Good corporate citizens. Blah blah blah. Don’t look behind the curtain!
    Why would you work for people who treat you like that?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    More of an industry comment than specific company. Local medical providers/hospitals have really stopped seeing a lot of patients due to Covid 19. One of my employees is on short term disability after getting surgery on one hip. His surgeon won't perform surgery on the second hip because it is "elective" surgery, and he cannot schedule an appointment with his surgeon to get clearance to return to work after his first surgery because it is not an emergency. I don't really mind, he is getting paid to heal, I would have trouble finding coverage for him if he returned, and I have enough other headaches to deal with at this time. He is a little frustrated, of course.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-11-20 at 08:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Why would you work for people who treat you like that?
    They weren’t always like this, I stick around for the flexible schedule (time off at my discretion), good pay and benefits, and retirement. If one of those three goes away then I’m out of here.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Midway USA has been great. Up front with shipping delays, but still working to get orders out.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Been very impressed with CDNN, Cabelas, and Bone Frog Gun club. All shipped what was ordered within 24 hrs.

LAX ammo has been a bit of a dumpster fire on the other end of the spectrum. No communication other than general nervous breakdown emails and a turn around time of about a month for things that were in stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Been very impressed with CDNN, Cabelas, and Bone Frog Gun club. All shipped what was ordered within 24 hrs.

LAX ammo has been a bit of a dumpster fire on the other end of the spectrum. No communication other than general nervous breakdown emails and a turn around time of about a month for things that were in stock.
    LAX---I had never ordered from them before about a week ago. They had something in stock that I needed at a decent price. I looked at the online reviews and they were pretty mixed- lot more bad than normal for most....But I ordered anyway. I've had 3 emails from them since then and got a UPS tracking # from them yesterday- in the system, not shipped yet- but it gives me hope.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    LAX---I had never ordered from them before about a week ago. They had something in stock that I needed at a decent price. I looked at the online reviews and they were pretty mixed- lot more bad than normal for most....But I ordered anyway. I've had 3 emails from them since then and got a UPS tracking # from them yesterday- in the system, not shipped yet- but it gives me hope.
    Their good to go normally and I have never had an issue with them other than them being a little slow. They are cheap especially if you use the Garand Thumb coupon code.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast