Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock Mag Recommendation ? Advice?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I bought 3 Magpul 17rd mags several years ago. They were finicky with ammo. Some worked and some they hated. I don’t use them at all anymore. Toyed with using them to make pistol stands by drilling them to a block of wood. Lol!

For 99% of my use I stick to OEM mags. For several years I used TTI extensions and had great success with them. But now that Glock sells their 24rd mag the TTI’s are only used in matches.

I do have quite a few ETS mags and they’ve all worked perfectly. I have a couple of the 17rd mags but the real reason I buy ETS is for the unibody extended mags. Their extended G43 and G43X mags are solid and great for reloads. Their 31 and 40rd 9mm mags work in my pistols and APC9 PRO. Their G21 and G20 extends mags work for me and I’ve run them hard at matches where they get dropped, stepped on, etc.

For the G43X I have 2 of the Shield Arms flush 15rd mags. Small sample size and I’ve only used them a couple times but had no issues with FMJ ammo. I’ll test them with JHP at some point.

How have the ETS held up? Any discoloration (I assume your got the clear ones and no the blue/orange?) How do their AR mags handle?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the standard and 9 rds 43 ETS mags in a mix of smoke and red.

Only had the staggered smoke color magazines out all day in sunlight, but haven't noticed any color change from that.

3 years, maybe 4, on the oldest ones.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Groyper View Post
    Anyone use RWB brand mags?

Anyone have any KCI mags that worked?
    3 of the 33rnd fun sticks have worked, They stay loaded in my vehicles
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Groyper View Post
    How have the ETS held up? Any discoloration (I assume your got the clear ones and no the blue/orange?) How do their AR mags handle?
    No discoloring so far. Though it wouldn’t bother me if they did. I don’t buy them because they’re clear or translucent. I get them because they offer larger capacity without an extension.

No blue or red or orange. I don’t think using traditional safety colors for live weapons is smart.

I have a couple of their AR mags and they work without issue. But I haven’t pushed them very hard. I use mostly aluminum mags from DSG Arms.

Feedback Score
    I have 20 kci mags. Originally I cleaned out the mag body’s of all the plastic inside. Then used them hard. The floor plates cracked and I replaced them with glock orange floor plates. I have never had a problem with them. They are strictly range mags. I even use them for classes. Zero problems! The only reason I purchased them was there was a sale going on and they ended up under $5.00 each.

Feedback Score
    Depends on how many times you drop them. For me it was about 8 weeks. But at the time I was shooting every weekend.

Feedback Score
    About a year ago, I was gifted 10 KCI mags. They function without issue, just like my Glock mags. The springs are a little weaker but it doesn’t effect reliability. People say the base plates will crack if dropped on concrete, my range is gravel so I haven’t had that problem.
    I agree with the folks that say stay with Glock mags, but these were free.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have several Magpul mags, 17 rounders, 21 rounders, and one G26 sized 12 rounder.

They are perfectly reliable, unless I run steel case, that causes occasional feed issues (the steel cases bind up, more friction, they stick).

With normal brass or nickel ammo, mine have been 100% reliable, across a handful of guns.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I also have been having good luck with the Magpul mags. And even though I have never had any issues with any 10 rd Glock mags being Factory or Magpul all have worked great. I use 10rd mags cuz I'm behind the lines. I just bought the Magpuls a couple of months ago @ Midway & got them for $12.30 each with free shipping,I bought 6 mags to try ! I'm running them in my 19X & so far there GTG. I have been shooting inside because of weather and they are dropped on concrete repeatedly. I still have tons of NIB Factory Mags so I will just keep using the Magpuls and see how they hold up and will report any issues if they come up ! I'm over 7/800 rds thought them so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    If you don't mind, what problems were you having?

I use mine strictly for training, but interested to know your experiences.
    Issues feeding the next round. Springs took a set pretty quickly on my first batch of 22 round mags I used during a Instructor development / integrated course with Super Dave. Subsequent mags and springs haven’t held up like the Magpul mags in training.

I’m sure that ETS has corrected some issues since then, but with the track record I’ve had with the Magpul mags at the same price point, I haven’t seen any need to go out and get any more ETS mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast