Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock Mag Recommendation ? Advice?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Groyper View Post

Anyone have any KCI mags that worked?
    If you have to phrase it like that a light bulb should be going on!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    What is driving you from using factory magazines? At $22 each for a factory mag any decision based purely on cost is asking for trouble.

Because of cost, I have read that if the KCI mags have issues, often just replacing the mag spring solves most issues, also have used a friends 3printed Glock mags, and frankly besides the finish being off, it ran like a cheap.

I guess I am just trying to get more out of less, not wanting to be cheap but dont want to spend more then I have to, you know?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Because of cost, I have read that if the KCI mags have issues, often just replacing the mag spring solves most issues, also have used a friends 3printed Glock mags, and frankly besides the finish being off, it ran like a cheap.

I guess I am just trying to get more out of less, not wanting to be cheap but dont want to spend more then I have to, you know?
    How long did that mag run like a champ?

Glock mags have definitely been proven

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used a KCI magazine in 6-8 3 gun matches per year since 2014 along with practice with no problems including Winchester forged which is the same experience I have had with factory mags. Finally started picking up other KCI 17 & 19 magazines which have also functioned perfectly.

No problems with ETS and Pmag 17 & 19 magazines other than Winchester Forged will choke them.

The 21 rds Pmag gave me problems in a 19 I assumed to be due to my hand hitting it and changing the feed angle when shooting fast. Slow fire with more focus on grip had no issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    How long did that mag run like a champ?

Glock mags have definitely been proven
    On the KCI, I have heard just doing that does make them GTG, ends the binding issues/mag tenison issues, but never done so myself, as for the printed mags? I mean there was a learning carve, so after around 5 mags the issues were fixed (uncooled printed bed really does cause shrinking to the point of cracks), factory mag springs worked great, but when we used home mag springs made from Piano wire, you could not tell the difference.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the KCI, I have heard just doing that does make them GTG, ends the binding issues/mag tenison issues, but never done so myself, as for the printed mags? I mean there was a learning carve, so after around 5 mags the issues were fixed (uncooled printed bed really does cause shrinking to the point of cracks), factory mag springs worked great, but when we used home mag springs made from Piano wire, you could not tell the difference.
    Could not tell the difference in what? I mean it's an example of one and not used very much. Make a few dozen and let some serious shooters use them!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

How much money are you looking to save over a $22 (and I have seen them cheaper) factory magazine? Honestly, though, it's your money and your neck. But for something as inexpensive as a Glock factory magazine that my life may depend upon I see no reason to pinch pennies.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    How much money are you looking to save over a $22 (and I have seen them cheaper) factory magazine? Honestly, though, it's your money and your neck. But for something as inexpensive as a Glock factory magazine that my life may depend upon I see no reason to pinch pennies.
    Bought some RWB mags, 10 G19 mags, 3 G17 17rders and 3 33rder happy sticks and just getting others imputs on their experiences, have not tested them out right now as lack of ability to replace ammo has made me very relatent to test them out.

Just dont want to spend then I have to, but you are right, its best to invest in one`s self.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tell me more.
    As in?

Most of the Pmags I own were from a local pawn shop's used bin for $10-12.

ETS are a mix of the pawn shop used bin, new Botach sale, and Knob Creek new, all $12 or less.

KCI have all been new. The long term test one was a gun show pick up for $10 around 2010 I think. The recent ones were $6-8 from Knob Creek (3 or 4 with about a year a little over a year's use) and Gun Mag Warehouse.

I still grab Glock factory mags used anytime i see them for $15 or less and occasionally new ones too.

I just haven't had any issues with those 3 brands of aftermarket and honestly they are just about the only mags I shoot except when testing a new (or new to me) Glock mag or cycling out carry ammo.

Feedback Score
    I bought 3 Magpul 17rd mags several years ago. They were finicky with ammo. Some worked and some they hated. I don’t use them at all anymore. Toyed with using them to make pistol stands by drilling them to a block of wood. Lol!

For 99% of my use I stick to OEM mags. For several years I used TTI extensions and had great success with them. But now that Glock sells their 24rd mag the TTI’s are only used in matches.

I do have quite a few ETS mags and they’ve all worked perfectly. I have a couple of the 17rd mags but the real reason I buy ETS is for the unibody extended mags. Their extended G43 and G43X mags are solid and great for reloads. Their 31 and 40rd 9mm mags work in my pistols and APC9 PRO. Their G21 and G20 extends mags work for me and I’ve run them hard at matches where they get dropped, stepped on, etc.

For the G43X I have 2 of the Shield Arms flush 15rd mags. Small sample size and I’ve only used them a couple times but had no issues with FMJ ammo. I’ll test them with JHP at some point.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast