Thread: Henry Big Boy X - Thoughts?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Henry Big Boy X - Thoughts?

Curious if anyone here has gotten one of these yet.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy-x-model/

Been considering a .357 lever gun for a while, but I am not interested in a basic wood/steel "nostalgia gun", it better be able to mount an optic and light so I can actually get some use out of the thing in a pinch if needed.
    Previously Marlin seemed to be the only game in town, but apparently they have amazing QC...
    I hear good things about Henry though. And this thing seems to check a number of boxes reasonably well.

Still think they could have run the barrel to a full 18" and then run the ammo tube out a little more for some extra capacity... Or cut it to 16" if I'm going to suffer with 7 rounds, but... #boomers

Other than that...

Anyone have one of these yet? Hows the QC/reliability/accuracy, etc?

Anyone tried mounting a low-profile receiver-top pic rail on one of these, and which rail did you go with?
    Last edited by Jellybean; 04-09-20 at 16:36.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment