Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry Big Boy X - Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    My deer rifle for many years is an older Marlin '94, whacked to 16" trapper length; it's a .44 mag, and it is a hammer on deer inside 100 yards.
    Pistol caliber levers are fun to shoot; mine have been forty-somethings; I've a couple .45 Colt iterations as well, and took a deer with a 16" Winchester AE.
    Moon
    ETA- I know this thread started with a tacticool lever gun, and my Marlin wears a scope, at least partially to make sure my deer has the requisite number of points.
    But what is fun on levers is a tang sight; it gives maximum sight radius, let's old guys shoot irons, and makes hits, within the range of the gun, really easy.
    M
    Last edited by halfmoonclip; 06-10-20 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff_P239 View Post
    While I don’t have a real use case for it, I really want a lever action rifle. At this point, I’m torn between the Big Boy X and the Marlin 1894 CSBL as I really like the more classic look of the latter.
    Have the 1895 CB. 20in octagon barrel with 9+1 45-70! It's not as heavy as it sounds actually. It's not compact but I love throwing 45-70 around

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Have the 1895 CB. 20in octagon barrel with 9+1 45-70! It's not as heavy as it sounds actually. It's not compact but I love throwing 45-70 around
    Yeah, punkin' rollers are fun.
    Moon
    ETA- Flyweight .45-70s are no damned fun at all. Had a Ruger #3 in that caliber, in the days before Trailboss. Never did find a way to load it down enough to be fun to shoot. It was so neat and handy; really sorry it wasn't in a lighter caliber.
    M
    Last edited by halfmoonclip; 06-13-20 at 13:06.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12