Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any results from solvent traps/fuel filter suppressors (legally owned)

Feedback Score

Anyone have any results from solvent traps/fuel filter suppressors (legally owned)

I am asking about the results they produce, I entirely understand you have do a form 1 before you even think of ordering anything.

I want to know, if stacked up against 4-5, in some cases 1,000$ cans, how much of a difference of performance is there?

Life span?

Maintenance?

Feedback Score
    These are fun projects, but just based on the materials and weight, there are better options for the price.

Yhm and rex silentium cans are similar in price to aluminum or titanium form 1 cans, and are welded 17-4.

Feedback Score
    I have a couple made with formed freeze plugs. They are slightly heavier, louder and thicker than a factory suppressor. I have shot both quite a bit and have seen no major issues with the baffles wearing out. If you spend a little more time designing than I did you can probably get the weight and sound down a bit.
    Total cost including the stamp was around $350 and the one I E-filed came back in a month so the paperwork was much quicker than a form 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tab0013 View Post
    I have a couple made with formed freeze plugs. They are slightly heavier, louder and thicker than a factory suppressor. I have shot both quite a bit and have seen no major issues with the baffles wearing out. If you spend a little more time designing than I did you can probably get the weight and sound down a bit.
    Total cost including the stamp was around $350 and the one I E-filed came back in a month so the paperwork was much quicker than a form 4.

A few questions if you dont mind.

Caliber?

Noise level?

How many rounds and what if any decrease in performance have you noticed?

Feedback Score
    One is a .30cal that I shoot on an 11.5” 5.56. The other is a 5.56 that I shoot on a 16” 5.56.
    They are comparable to an AAC SDN-6 on noise level.
    Rounds maybe 2000 on the .30 and 500 on the 5.56.
    I haven’t noticed any change from the time I’ve built them until now.

Feedback Score
    One is a .30cal that I shoot on an 11.5” 5.56. The other is a 5.56 that I shoot on a 16” 5.56.
    They are comparable to an AAC SDN-6 on noise level.
    Rounds maybe 2000 on the .30 and 500 on the 5.56.
    I haven’t noticed any change from the time I’ve built them until now.

So an guessmented sound level?

Feedback Score
    No idea on decibel levels. But I shoot it somewhat regularly with no ears and it doesn’t ring. It is definitely better than shooting an 11.5 with nothing.
    If you have a few hundred bucks try one out. I read a lot on silencer talk and had fun putting the thing together myself.

Feedback Score
    No idea on decibel levels. But I shoot it somewhat regularly with no ears and it doesn’t ring. It is definitely better than shooting an 11.5 with nothing.
    If you have a few hundred bucks try one out. I read a lot on silencer talk and had fun putting the thing together myself.
    What kind of ammo are you running? Sub-sonic?

Feedback Score
    It’s all standard 5.56 stuff. Mix between everything from steel cased garbage to hornady vmax.

Feedback Score
    It’s all standard 5.56 stuff. Mix between everything from steel cased garbage to hornady vmax.
    Damn, and you can shoot with no ears and still dont have any ringing in your ears?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast