Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 380 ACP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I disagree the main purpose in my opinion is to increase wounding potential with JHP's. That is also the reason people are buying them.
    I propose the main benefit is to reduce over penetration and that the slightly bigger hole and cutting increases the chance of death without reducing the aggression of the attacker.

In other words I dont think expanding bullets in pistol calibers are likely to stop aggression any quicker in the short term than a non-expanding one.

That being said jhp's are best for 9mm and similar power levels as long as they arent big-expanders that cut penetration heavily.
    Last edited by Ron3; 10-22-20 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I propose the main benefit is to reduce over penetration and that the slightly bigger hole and cutting increases the chance of death without reducing the aggression of the attacker.

In other words I dont think expanding bullets in pistol calibers are likely to stop aggression any quicker in the short term than a non-expanding one.

That being said jhp's are best for 9mm and similar power levels as long as they arent big-expanders that cut penetration heavily.
    I respect your opinion but disagree. A larger wound channel allows more bleeding which leads to a faster incapacitation. Also a larger bullet has more potential to nick an artery or any Oregon near the bullet patch. Basically a .75 caliber bullet destroys more tissue than a .355 one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    I respect your opinion but disagree. A larger wound channel allows more bleeding which leads to a faster incapacitation. Also a larger bullet has more potential to nick an artery or any Oregon near the bullet patch. Basically a .75 caliber bullet destroys more tissue than a .355 one.

The odds are small and even then the person shot wont know it and can still fight.

For LE where events are often far longer it makes more sense.

For the average CC guy it almost never goes that long and the shot BG either quits or needs braining. There just isnt the wait and see if they bleed out like some LE events.

Feedback Score

Oh, I enjoy our discussions.

I think weve been doing this since "shootersforum" or "shooterstalk" or whatever it was in the 1990's as well as Glocktalk and that David DiFabio forum way back!

".355Sigfan" 😎

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Oh, I enjoy our discussions.

I think weve been doing this since "shootersforum" or "shooterstalk" or whatever it was in the 1990's as well as Glocktalk and that David DiFabio forum way back!

".355Sigfan"
    Yep itís been a long road. Stay safe

Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456