Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: 380 ACP

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    3,429
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kels View Post
    After reading thru this thread
    I would like to say well done to all the posters
    Everyone has had good posts and no one has gotten mad
    at someone else’s posts

    Right now, I have critical defense in my beretta 84 BB.
    I’m willing to consider a better round if someone can convince me of the need to change

    When ammo prices come down, I am going to try the Speer fmj
    I went and looked at Lucky Gunner's ammo tests and the 380 Critical Defense actually passed their 4 layer denim test. Average expansion was .52 and average penetration was 13.2 inches. Only caveat is they use the clear ballistics synthetic gel which isn't a true replacement for actual gel. That being said, that might be a 380 hollow point that Id actually carry. Ill see if I can find any more testing.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

    IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,435
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kels View Post
    After reading thru this thread
    I would like to say well done to all the posters
    Everyone has had good posts and no one has gotten mad
    at someone else’s posts

    Right now, I have critical defense in my beretta 84 BB.
    I’m willing to consider a better round if someone can convince me of the need to change

    When ammo prices come down, I am going to try the Speer fmj
    The only JHP I'd consider is XTP, but I'd still choose FMJ in .380.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,440
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    The only JHP I'd consider is XTP, but I'd still choose FMJ in .380.
    Yup, that's my assessment too, but friends don't let friends CCW .380.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    802
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Yup, that's my assessment too, but friends don't let friends CCW .380.
    Beats throwing rocks.
    Not high speed, low drag. More like ten under, blinker on.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,553
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nobody can prove the "larger wound channel" theory of incapacitation. MEs can't tell from looking at the wound channel what made it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •