I'm planning on getting into hunting in the near future (current crisis permitting). I'll primarily be going after hogs, but coyotes and whitetail are a possibility as well. I own an SKS and a .45-70, but I've elected to go with my DDM4 in 5.56 as I'm far more comfortable with it.

I plan to eat anything I shoot, so I'd like a lead-free expanding bullet. After some research into the matter, I'm looking primarily at the 70-grain TSX -- preferably the hot VOR-TX loading from Barnes. It has a low expansion threshold, my rifle has the twist rate to stabilize it, and it's a lot less expensive than my previous choice (BH 50-grain Optimized). Not to mention I like the idea of the extra penetration it offers.

However, before I pull the trigger (no pun intended), I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the round you'd be willing to share? I've heard great things from hunters on other sites along with some anecdotal testaments to its lethality in military use over the last decade or so, but I'd like as much data as possible.