Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowest red dot and mount combo for AK?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question Lowest red dot and mount combo for AK?

What is the lowest combo of red dot and mount for an AK? I am looking to get a solid solution that keeps the dot as close to the iron sights as possible. Definitely want something that allows me to see iron sights through the optic. I've tried heads up/chin weld and I am not a fan.

Options that I am looking at are, in order of interest, Attero Bravo mount, RS Regulate side rail and Ultimak, all with an Aimpoint H2. Of those three, which is lowest, closer to bore?

Is there something else that is lower? I’m not stuck on the H2/micro, but it seems like that gets lower than something like an RMR or anything else I am aware of.

Many thanks
    Last edited by KirkS; 04-11-20 at 14:36. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 08:20.

Feedback Score
    Rs regulate, you will not find a better optics mount for the AK platform.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have an Ultimak + T1 setup on my SGL21. It's pretty perfect.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ultimak + T1 gets me cowitness with irons. An addendum, I also use the Bobro QD low mount on the T1, which is also low enough to maintain cowitness. This way, if the optic somehow gets shattered, I can take it off easily and still have irons.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have an Ultimak on a SLR-95 that cowitnesses with a PA micro. I also have a RS Regulate 301 with micro mount and a Holosun on a Bulgarian parts 74 that only cowitnesses with the rear sight set to 800M... I think different AKs and Micros may have different results.

The Regulate is much nicer but I think I still prefer the Ultimak from a usability perspective.

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 04-18-20 at 11:20.

Feedback Score
    I have to agree 100% on the RS Regulate recommendation. I have an Aimpoint T-1 on one of their mounts and the irons can be seen in the very bottom of the sight picture. I use a Mojo peep rear sight so maybe that helps.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    An Ultimak with an Amipoint Micro will 1/3 co-witness with irons, I'm pretty sure it's the lowest setup you'll find.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm sure the side mounts can get you real low. Haven't used one because a side mount removes the ability to run a left side charging handle or left side folding stock. My AKs tend to have both of those features, so Ultimak it is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    I'm sure the side mounts can get you real low. Haven't used one because a side mount removes the ability to run a left side charging handle or left side folding stock. My AKs tend to have both of those features, so Ultimak it is.
    I'm a southpaw and have never ventured into left-handed parts territory. I like commonality for replacement's sake. I have also been leery of putting a $500 Aimpoint directly over the gas tube. I'm sure it's been done umpteen times by folks who got it pretty hot and I'm just being overly cautious. The last thing is the eye relief: I like my RDS closer as opposed to farther out (easier to pick up for me). YMMV

Nice rig BTW!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast