Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single stack USPSA

Feedback Score

Single stack USPSA

If you guys are wanting to get out and run your 1911 sign up for a uspsa match and run the single stack division. It’s for 1911 only. If you’re running a 45 you’re limited to 8 rounds in the mag, 9mm is 10 rounds. But you can start one in the chamber so 8+1. You’ll be slower than other guys because of mag changes but I just ran my first one with a colt combat unit and it was a lot of fun. You’ll be in major power factor for 45 and minor with 9mm. You get a bonus scoring for using the higher caliber if you’re not familiar with USPSA scoring.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    If you guys are wanting to get out and run your 1911 sign up for a uspsa match and run the single stack division. It’s for 1911 only. If you’re running a 45 you’re limited to 8 rounds in the mag, 9mm is 10 rounds. But you can start one in the chamber so 8+1. You’ll be slower than other guys because of mag changes but I just ran my first one with a colt combat unit and it was a lot of fun. You’ll be in major power factor for 45 and minor with 9mm. You get a bonus scoring for using the higher caliber if you’re not familiar with USPSA scoring.
    Just because you are using a 45 acp dosn't mean you will be in major, you have to meet major power factor. If you go to a major match like the single stack nationals they will have you pull 7 rounds out of your mag. One round they will pull the bullet to check weight and the others to run over the chrony to check velocity and your bullet weight to see if you make major, and if you don't you are scored minor.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    Just because you are using a 45 acp dosn't mean you will be in major, you have to meet major power factor. If you go to a major match like the single stack nationals they will have you pull 7 rounds out of your mag. One round they will pull the bullet to check weight and the others to run over the chrony to check velocity and your bullet weight to see if you make major, and if you don't you are scored minor.
    I'm thinking he means factory .45 loads which would be major power factor.

My first USPSA match I shot I shot single stack with a 9mm Colt Commander. It was fun and though I got DQ'd I would do it again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I shot Single Stack Major at Doubletap last year because the majority of the young run and gun shooters are shooting Production and Carry Optics. Not so much competition in C Class with me Won my Class last year and got first trophy in USPSA. Will be shooting Single Stack Major if we actually have a match this year too. It's the "Old Guy" division

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes it is very fun, and a thinking mans class on when to do your mag change.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    Yes it is very fun, and a thinking mans class on when to do your mag change.
    Yes, very akin to revolver shooting with even less tolerance for wasting shots.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The last time I shot the USPSA Nationals in Limted Class I used a .45 1911 with GI Ball ammo and an Ernie Hill Speed holster (in an era when most everyone else was shooting a 9mm or 40 Glock or some kind of hot-rod .38 Stupid).

Once I signed the paperwork one of the match officials asked for five rounds to run over the chronograph (to see whether your scores are in Major or Minor class, determined by bullet weight divided by muzzle velocity. 170 is floor for Major ... multiply bullet weight (in grains) x velocity (in feet per second), then divide by 1000.

The official asked for my pistol and I cleared it and handed it to him (a plain-Jane issued gun with adjustable sights). He did a double-take and asked, "Is that holster made from a cow?"

"Yup."

He loaded a magazine and fired a single round over the chronograph. The bullet knocked the steel mini-popper out of its base.

"193. You won power factor" with the highest recorded for the championships. GI Ball is no joke.

I didn't win, and I wasn't last.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    The last time I shot the USPSA Nationals in Limted Class I used a .45 1911 with GI Ball ammo and an Ernie Hill Speed holster (in an era when most everyone else was shooting a 9mm or 40 Glock or some kind of hot-rod .38 Stupid).

Once I signed the paperwork one of the match officials asked for five rounds to run over the chronograph (to see whether your scores are in Major or Minor class, determined by bullet weight divided by muzzle velocity. 170 is floor for Major ... multiply bullet weight (in grains) x velocity (in feet per second), then divide by 1000.

The official asked for my pistol and I cleared it and handed it to him (a plain-Jane issued gun with adjustable sights). He did a double-take and asked, "Is that holster made from a cow?"

"Yup."

He loaded a magazine and fired a single round over the chronograph. The bullet knocked the steel mini-popper out of its base.

"193. You won power factor" with the highest recorded for the championships. GI Ball is no joke.

I didn't win, and I wasn't last.
    Awesome!

I still have my Ernie Hill Speed Leather holster, belt and mag pouches. I'll never get rid of them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I still have my Bianchi holster and mag pouchs from when I started in 85.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It’s kind of funny now that I think of it, I own and shoot Glocks and even have a belt setup to compete with a Glock but have only ever competed with a 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast