Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single stack USPSA

Feedback Score
    I also shoot Single Stack Division almost exclusively. I'm old enough and slow enough that I don't do good on track and field type stages. I have gone from shooting .45 to .40 and now 9MM due to having RA, cost of ammo and finding a lot of stages are set up for Production and being able to shoot a 1911 with 10 round ETM Magazines just makes more sense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    The last time I shot the USPSA Nationals in Limted Class I used a .45 1911 with GI Ball ammo and an Ernie Hill Speed holster (in an era when most everyone else was shooting a 9mm or 40 Glock or some kind of hot-rod .38 Stupid).

Once I signed the paperwork one of the match officials asked for five rounds to run over the chronograph (to see whether your scores are in Major or Minor class, determined by bullet weight divided by muzzle velocity. 170 is floor for Major ... multiply bullet weight (in grains) x velocity (in feet per second), then divide by 1000.

The official asked for my pistol and I cleared it and handed it to him (a plain-Jane issued gun with adjustable sights). He did a double-take and asked, "Is that holster made from a cow?"

"Yup."

He loaded a magazine and fired a single round over the chronograph. The bullet knocked the steel mini-popper out of its base.

"193. You won power factor" with the highest recorded for the championships. GI Ball is no joke.

I didn't win, and I wasn't last.
    Same thing happened to me in my last major IDPA match. I was shooting revolver div and I think the PF is 115 for speedloader revos. I won my class and div and a special award for my 136 PF loads.. I was using VV N320 and Federal magnum SSP's just to make sure I made it...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Revolver guys impress me the most.

We had or followed a revolver group. They had Home Depot buckets with plastic inserts around the inside rim with pre-loaded full-moon clips and speed loaders. You could have knocked me over with a feather when we watched a couple of those guys shoot almost as fast as an MP-5, with multiple reloads where they'd hit the ejector plungers and have the next six or seven in the gun before the empties hit the ground.

Like watching (as well as listening to) music or ballet.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Same thing happened to me in my last major IDPA match. I was shooting revolver div and I think the PF is 115 for speedloader revos. I won my class and div and a special award for my 136 PF loads.. I was using VV N320 and Federal magnum SSP's just to make sure I made it...
    “Texas Major” was a joke, or badge of honor in the day.
    A 200 PF was no joke.
    Most achieved this dubious honor by mistake rather than intention.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You guys really have me wanting to shoot single stack again I might use this as an excuse to pick up an STI Staccato R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I run factory ammo so I’m major. I’m in the process of getting my press set up. I run a 34 for 3gun but I think single stack is fun. It is a thinking man’s game with the reloads but it’s fun.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Single Stack Major is the way...
    9DF07776-F953-46E1-B754-E3A5F349B283.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Single Stack Major is the way...
    9DF07776-F953-46E1-B754-E3A5F349B283.jpg
    Can one use a .38 super auto ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Can one use a .38 super auto ?
    You can, but only as MINOR. No MAJOR if it's not a .45

.38 Super Major is only an option for OPEN Division.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Shooting your single stack 1911 in competition is very humbling for sure. Its a learning experince, but valuable.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast