NX8 is an awesome little niche optic as well. NF pushed the limits with the footprint. FFP, 17 oz, Compact, daylight bright. I wish they could update the reticle thought. That large center stadia makes kind of defeats the purpose of having the ability to dial at distance. I know it's competent as I've read many accounts of utilizing the optic at 600 yards. If they could make the center reticle finer and additionally give it .1 mil adjustments,....YETI...

As far as the other points, I think they have merit and are contextual. I think context, glass quality and overall execution will dictate relevance.

Leupold already showed that a bombproof, 1-6, FFP, 17 ounce optic, can be executed with excellence. It has a few bug-a-boos, that aren't deal breakers. I just think that similar to Trijicon updating their accupoint optics to the credo and Leupold updating the MK6 line to the MK5 line, the optic could be refined. Sounds like the optic has already been developed but is in limbo due to contract dispute. https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...tract.6958331/

Looks to be SFP though. Again, subjective and not a total deal breaker. I just like run at 1 or max and eliminate the clutter.As far as Horus not being applicable on a 1-6, I think again it's subjective. I think if a mil/mil reticle is subjective, then an Xmas tree style reticle should be no different, just value added, so long as the reticle is well executed. I think if it is FFP then even better. Sound like Todd Hodnett designed the Tremor8 reticle for the optic.

We'll see. The beauty is that there are options. I hope that something similar to my described optic comes to fruition from a reputable manufacturer.