Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leupold MK5HD 1-6

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Leupold MK5HD 1-6

I know I’m probably in the minority, but I wish Leupold would make this in the following configuration in the MK5 series as niche optic for a 5.56 Recce or a 7.62 lighter SPR build. New Leupold MK5HD 1-6, FFP, H27D or similar Horus-ish reticle with a fine center crosshair for dialing, Lockable ZeroStop .1 milrad exposed turrets, daylight bright dot, 17 oz optic. Niche, Yeti, 💴💴💴. 🙏

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    This already exists but leupold wont release it to the civilian market because they are still beefing with sig over the loss of the mil contract. Pretty dumb in my book as the 1-6 market has been destroyed by NF and now Vortex.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    This already exists but leupold wont release it to the civilian market because they are still beefing with sig over the loss of the mil contract. Pretty dumb in my book as the 1-6 market has been destroyed by NF and now Vortex.
    Where do I find information on the above? If so, I totally agree. I hope it is in existence and hopefully with all the attributes I’ve listed...

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    What about the mk6 1-6?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    What about the mk6 1-6?
    I like it a lot. It may end up in my inventory. What I don't like though is I'd prefer the TMR version, but the center stadia is larger and cluttered than the BDC version. So the BDC version is actually more preferable for dialing a more precise shot due to the small dot in the crosshair. But, I'm not a fan of BDC's. Additionally, I wish it were a .1 mil adjustments and they would update the illumination diode. But overall I've wanted a MK6 1-6 since the released. The German Born Steiner M5xi 1-5 is very much in line with what I would have liked, sans Horus style reticle, but alas, it has been discontinued and was insanely priced.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 04-13-20 at 10:47.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Personally, I don’t think a Horus reticle is needed in a 1-6x. Having Horus usually means FFP and I don’t think either is necessary for this type of optic and the intended use. Going 8x or above starts to get into that territory where a Horus shines JMO.

My current go to optic is the NX8 and until something comes out that beats or equals it in weight, footprint, price point, and *reticle but improves 1X eyebox/relief performance (possibly meaning SFP), then I’ll stick with the NX8. I could live with an optic being 6x if it addresses all the above, though I do like having that extra mag available.

Really my only gripes with the NX8 are the tighter eyebox (comes with the FFP territory) and the larger than necessary center dot on the reticle. Both aren’t deal breakers for me though and can be overcome with training.

Regarding the reticle, I really like the execution of the NX8 reticle in terms of how bold it is at 1x and ability to easily pick it up without illumination. It’s one of my main criteria in LPVO reticles until battery life gets on par with Aimpoint (50k hours). The FFP design going from a “dot” at 1X to a mil reticle at 8x would be perfect if they just shrunk the center dot by ~50%.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 04-13-20 at 13:26.

Feedback Score
    I would love this as my biggest hesitation to get a NF NX8 is that 1.25 MOA circle, great for up close but ehhhh for distance.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMike89 View Post
    I would love this as my biggest hesitation to get a NF NX8 is that 1.25 MOA circle, great for up close but ehhhh for distance.
    Are you talking about the dot or the circle around it?

The dot is no factor up close at 1x since all you're really seeing is the 2 mil/8 moa circle around it...which is why I don't know why they went so big on the dot. At 8x, the dot really is only a factor when shooting groups. Anything that is over a 1.25 moa target at distance, you'll be able to see target behind the dot (if that makes sense). But, the intention of the scope is a combat optic, not a benchrest optic...so with that in mind, I live with it.

The circle I could possibly see as being in the way (cluttered) at distance and set on 8x, but it's segmented and shouldn't prevent you from getting a POA.

Feedback Score
    My apologies, the dot. All I do is shoot groups for the time being, with a little bit of hunting here and there. 1.25 MOA is no factor, but just not to my liking. The weight of the NX8 is something that all lvpo's should aspire to get down to though.
    I'm trying to find a place within peace. And if not, let us fill it with mayhem.
    -Rowdy Roddy Piper

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMike89 View Post
    My apologies, the dot. All I do is shoot groups for the time being, with a little bit of hunting here and there. 1.25 MOA is no factor, but just not to my liking. The weight of the NX8 is something that all lvpo's should aspire to get down to though.
    Yup...like I mentioned, my gripes are fairly minor, so the pros outweigh the cons for me. It fits the Recce/Mini-Recce/Scoped SBR role very well! I've hunted with my NX8 before BTW...no issue getting good hits.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast