Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leupold MK5HD 1-6

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    NX8 is an awesome little niche optic as well. NF pushed the limits with the footprint. FFP, 17 oz, Compact, daylight bright. I wish they could update the reticle thought. That large center stadia makes kind of defeats the purpose of having the ability to dial at distance. I know it's competent as I've read many accounts of utilizing the optic at 600 yards. If they could make the center reticle finer and additionally give it .1 mil adjustments,....YETI...

As far as the other points, I think they have merit and are contextual. I think context, glass quality and overall execution will dictate relevance.

Leupold already showed that a bombproof, 1-6, FFP, 17 ounce optic, can be executed with excellence. It has a few bug-a-boos, that aren't deal breakers. I just think that similar to Trijicon updating their accupoint optics to the credo and Leupold updating the MK6 line to the MK5 line, the optic could be refined. Sounds like the optic has already been developed but is in limbo due to contract dispute. https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...tract.6958331/

Looks to be SFP though. Again, subjective and not a total deal breaker. I just like run at 1 or max and eliminate the clutter.As far as Horus not being applicable on a 1-6, I think again it's subjective. I think if a mil/mil reticle is subjective, then an Xmas tree style reticle should be no different, just value added, so long as the reticle is well executed. I think if it is FFP then even better. Sound like Todd Hodnett designed the Tremor8 reticle for the optic.

We'll see. The beauty is that there are options. I hope that something similar to my described optic comes to fruition from a reputable manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Leupolds response to this topic is:
    “We might have good news for you next January...stay tuned!”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I love my Mk6 minus the already mentioned tighter eyebox for being a FFP scope, which I'm fine with and treat it as a "training issue" to rectify. I like t here CMR reticle too and find it easy to use with or without the illumination. I admit though, opinions aside, I wanted a FFP scope but that price....

Luckily, found one with Leupold mount and the throw lever for $1500. One Scalarworks mount later and I'm still in love with it. If not for that, I probably would’ve been another vortex customer.

I do find the mk5 interesting though since I’m already a fan of the MK6.
    Last edited by ap1220; 04-13-20 at 17:36.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Leupold has been missing the 1-6x market for awhile. They occasionally released the VX-6 in 1-6x variations but never keep them around long enough and the price on the MK6... well, I'm happy with my NX-8 for less than a MK6 and would happily take a Razor 1-6 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Leupolds response to this topic is:
    “We might have good news for you next January...stay tuned!”
    Bahahhahah, next January, that's hilarious!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Leupold has been missing the 1-6x market for awhile. They occasionally released the VX-6 in 1-6x variations but never keep them around long enough and the price on the MK6... well, I'm happy with my NX-8 for less than a MK6 and would happily take a Razor 1-6 as well.
    Didn’t you own a Razor for a min and then opted for the PST & NX8 combo? Still have the same thoughts on the Razor as you did previously?

Not calling you out at all, just curious since the Razor is pretty much the only one I would possibly consider as an alternative to the NX8...for different reasons than I listed for picking the NX8.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

Bahahhahah, next January, that's hilarious!

I agree the civi price on the MK6 is horrible. My price however is quite handsome. I like the optic quite a bit, with exception. I don’t think a new line is needed, but it sounds as though it exists. A couple of tweeks would make the MK6 perfect in the 1-6 imo. The NX8 would be a perfect niche optic with the same tweeks. As it stands I prefer the MK6 over the NX8. If nightforce updates as stated in a SH thread I would probably lean NF as I’ve no brand allegiance.

Not a fan of the Vortex 1-6, but I’m quite pleased with my Vortex RG3 1-10 for different reasons.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    The NX8 would be a perfect niche optic with the same tweeks. As it stands I prefer the MK6 over the NX8. If nightforce updates as stated in a SH thread I would probably lean NF as I’ve no brand allegiance.
    What updates? Can you link?

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    What updates? Can you link?
    https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...6978481/page-3

On page 3. Sounds like the reticle.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...6978481/page-3

On page 3. Sounds like the reticle.
    Thanks, I figured an update would be coming at some point. It’ll be interesting to see what they change.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Didn’t you own a Razor for a min and then opted for the PST & NX8 combo? Still have the same thoughts on the Razor as you did previously?

Not calling you out at all, just curious since the Razor is pretty much the only one I would possibly consider as an alternative to the NX8...for different reasons than I listed for picking the NX8.
    Yes, I did only have the Razor for a minute, because I thought the juice didn't justify the squeeze.

My comment was intended to convey that for the price point difference, I would take a Razor 1-6 over a MK6 at civie prices, because a Razor and $1K cash beats the MK6 for what I do.

But in reality I would really take NX8 or PST over either the Razor or MK6. And I have done so.

Granted now I can get a decent price on the MK6, but again the world has moved on since they released them, IMO. Esp with the Razor III and NX-8 / ATACR 1-8x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast