Thread: Your personal kit and the reasoning.

Feedback Score

Your personal kit and the reasoning.

I figured I won't be patrolling much if so I'll switch to a 20/30rd mag for carrying, (Please God get us back to normal I'm done walking) I thought we would mostly be in defensive situations so 240 rds with only 3 mag changes. That's 4 Surefire 60 round mags.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Todd00000; 04-14-20 at 15:14.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My kit:

I did a much longer write up a while back in the "Gear Loadout" thread here.

Looks like a lot of stuff, but really isn't too bad. 7 mags (6 worn, 7th in the gun) gives me a basic combat load, I can always carry fewer mags if I want to cut down on weight. CamelBak for movement on the go, and Nalgene bottle/canteen for stationary hydration. Suitable for patrolling, or stationary defense. Not overly bulky either, so I can move with it. I've done some practice with this kit, and it is actually surprisingly comfortable. What's missing is any sort of comms, but I don't have anyone to talk to besides my wife if things go hairy, so it's not a huge deal.

Random meme I made after some range time:
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    My kit:

I did a much longer write up a while back in the "Gear Loadout" thread here.

Looks like a lot of stuff, but really isn't too bad. 7 mags (6 worn, 7th in the gun) gives me a basic combat load, I can always carry fewer mags if I want to cut down on weight. CamelBak for movement on the go, and Nalgene bottle/canteen for stationary hydration. Suitable for patrolling, or stationary defense. Not overly bulky either, so I can move with it. I've done some practice with this kit, and it is actually surprisingly comfortable. What's missing is any sort of comms, but I don't have anyone to talk to besides my wife if things go hairy, so it's not a huge deal.

Random meme I made after some range time:
    Do you have anything unusual and why?

I'll layout my full kit later.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 08:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post
    Do you have anything unusual and why?
    Only real "unusual" thing is that this kit is intended to work with a variety of weapons with differing calibers; mainly the SCARs in 5.56 or 7.62, but others as well. As such, I'm universally using HSGI TACO pouches so I can swap calibers/mags without having to change the set up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    How far would you get dressed like that without drawing attention?
    Doesn't that largely depend on your terrain? I'm 10 minutes of walking from being completely out of town. Probably less, honestly, and camo gear will be less noticeable than blue jeans and once you're in the woods/field.

It also depends on the mentality of what you're hoping to achieve, low profile or hard target. I've never bought into the idea of the "gray man" because if you're having to wear this stuff for real, everyone is a potential target. Might as well look tougher than the next nut, and be able to blend into your environment better than going with civilian colors.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 08:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    You're not going to be able to stay out long enough where it would make a difference. I know because I've spent time on parts of this continent that are far more removed from civilization than anything found in the lower 48. You might be out there a couple weeks larping in the woods but eventually you're going to have to come back. In a grid down situation, you need to blend in with the local population because if they think you are a threat- they won't bother to ask.
    Yeah, no. You seem to be under the impression that being "removed from civilization" means "larping in the woods." I'm thinking of being quite removed from civilization in a nice, fire-heated home with quite a bit of food stored away. Going through the woods is just the means of getting there if driving isn't an option. Blending into the woods/fields also means not standing out when in your own backyard. To each their own.

And it depends on who "they" are in your scenario. If you look tough, most people will leave you alone. If they think you're a threat while you're minding your own business, chances are they would think you were a threat if you were in jeans as much as MultiCam. If the "they" is a military or other government force, blending in with a local population only works to a minor extent. Been on enough patrols to know that plenty of people get grabbed up for the most minor of reasons, might as well not sacrifice combat ability when that's the case.

Feedback Score
    Deleted.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 06:12.

Feedback Score
    How much and what gear depends on how far to water, how far to a good hunting spot, and who is between you and it. Larping 2 weeks into a SHTF, his gear loadout might be overkill. Larping 12 weeks into it because your supplies are exhausted, you are out of fuel, and their is no local game is a different show. Hopefully the local permanent residents have long left for a FEMA shelter by this time. I first thought the ammo load was excessive, but if what if you return to a burned out house and missing family? Preps all looted.

RS