Thread: Current Japanese Winchester 92

Feedback Score

Current Japanese Winchester 92

I have a '92 in .45 Colt on order, but, after the fact, I thot' to ask about it.
    According to the literature, this carbine (actually a 'short rifle', 20") will accept a Marbles tang sight, and the tang is to be pre-drilled to this purpose. I already have the sight; it is adjustable for windage as well as elevation. And it lets old blind guys use iron sights.
    Anyway, any experience with this rifle?
    Thnx,
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I have a Miroku-made Winchester 1892 Deluxe in .357, and it’s one of the finest rifles I’ve ever shot. The boys at XS Sights set me up with a new front sight with a white bead that’s a bit bigger than the factory bead, so my old eyes can see it with the buckhorn rear.

It’s accurate out to the 150 or so yard targets at my cousin’s farm, reliable, and just plain purty!

Feedback Score
    BigDog, thnx. I'm a fan of XS 'skunk stripe' AR sights, and use them on some carbines. We'll see how the factory gold bead works with the Marbles tang sight; the XS might be worth a thot'.
    Really smooth action?
    BTW, you might want to consider that tang sight; really works well, especially for we 'seasoned' shooters.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I’ll take a look. I have a Williams peep sight on my Miroku 1886 Extra Light and like it a lot, but have never considered a tang sight.

The actions on both rifles are very smooth, and have never given me any trouble.