Thread: Dug this out of the closet...Browning A-Bolt in .22LR

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Dug this out of the closet...Browning A-Bolt in .22LR

I'm not a rimfire guy but figured with this extra free time I'd dig out the .22lr A-Bolt that's been buried in the closet for a while. I have actually never personally shot it yet (kind of a long story on how I ended up owning it) so am going to go sight it in tomorrow with the older Tasco 4x32 thats mounted on it.

Bringing the wife & kids along as well. The boys (ages 6 & 8) haven't shot anything beyond their Red Rider BB gun so perhaps its time. This thing isn't the lightest .22 however so we shall see.

Went online to buy an additional magazine for it (5 rnd) and holy cow they are virtually impossible to find! But it is a beautiful rifle no doubt. Hopefully she shoots as good as she looks.

Feedback Score
    I had one in the 80s, very accurate rifle. I bought it to supplement my older T Bolt as I wanted to keep my T Bolt iron sighted. Kept it until the Kimber 82 came out and had to have one....

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Looks very nice, should be a shooter. Grab a little nicer scope like a cheap Vortex would top it off nice.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It shot decently well I'd say. Half inch to 3/4 groups at 50 yards. Wind was between 6-10 mph. The rifle is still a bit too heavy for the boys to shoot unsupported with any kind of accuracy. Off a bag though they were killing it. Literally...my 8 year old got his first kill today haha!

Feedback Score
    Not sure what variety of song bird you’re using for target practice..... but most places that is a distinct no no.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sparrows aren't protected in NV.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice rifle...great to see kids getting into the gun world. I remember that was one of my highlights as a youth. My uncle would take me out to go shooting with his .22. I always loved guns but my dad was not keen on firearms. He wasn't anti gun, but didn't want any in the house so when I had the chance to shoot it was memorable and I looked forward to it. Maybe it was his way of dealing with his Vietnam war experience...never understood why.

The rebel in me bought an R1 Beeman pellet gun, soon after I turned 18, then a 30-06 soon after that.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 04-17-20 at 09:17.