Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 V Glock

Feedback Score
    I have more Glocks than I do M&Ps. I have two Glock 17s and a 19X as well as one of the M&P 2.0 Compact 4" guns.

I really like how the 2.0 Compact 4" feels in the hand and how it shoots. It has very minimal rise and the texture out of the box is what every gun should have. My biggest complaints are how the slidestop got much, much stiffer than the 1.0 and the trigger shoe has a hinge in the center of it. I think it ruins the feel of the pull. If it wasn't for the slidestop being just about impossible to use with your firing thumb on a reload, I'd drop in an Apex shoe and call it a day.

You can't really go wrong with either. I'm personally too invested in Glock to make the switch to something else, but I think just about every other gun out there nowadays feels better in the hands and points more naturally than the Glock. I stay with Glock because of the familiarity and how just about everybody has parts, holsters or magazine carriers for it
    Last edited by ShadowMoses; 04-24-20 at 17:14.

Feedback Score
    IMO, the 2.0 is better than the Glock.

-Around me, you can get an MP 2.0 for $430 (for the 5"), and I've seen them as low as $399 (for the compact). Glocks hold pretty steady at $475-500.
    -The grip is more comfortable. The four backstraps it comes with make for much better modularity than the afterthought of grip add-ons that come with the Glock.
    -The 2.0 has a pretty good trigger; the 1.0s did not but the 2.0 is gtg from the factory. I am not a trigger snob, though.
    -The sights are usable. Three-dot, metal sights with a rear ledge. The Glocks some with placeholders. Last time I bought a Glock I couldn't get the sights out of it fast enough... add ~$85+ to the price of the gun.

The MP 2.0 is the best gun out there, for the money.

ETA: To clarify, my experience with Glocks is gen3 and gen4 and my experience with the MP is 1.0, 1.0 Pro, and 2.0.
    Last edited by Talon167; 04-24-20 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I only had one in .45 but yes, reliable.

Far better grip / handle than a Glock. Texture, angle, contour, all better.

I found three possible downsides.

1. You have to like, or at least not dislike, the hinged trigger

2. If you dont like the aggressive texture you'll spend 5 minutes lightly sanding it until its perfect for you

3. To remove the striker assembly you must remove a loc-tited screw (put some heat on it and it's not hard) so you can slide out the rear sight. (Easy)

To put it back you clean the screw and thread with alcohol, add blue loc-tite, and reinstall the rear sight.

The rear sight retaines the firing pin block so it's very important it doesn't go anywhere.

4. S&W mags sometimes have a hang-up feeding some Russian steel case ammo due to friction with the casings. I've seen this in single and double stack modern S&W's.

5. Slightly heavier than a Glock for better or worse.

Those are the only negatives I found. Reliable, accurate pistols that feel good in the hand. They also come with decent, steel sights and seem to recoil less than Glocks in my opinion.
    You don’t have to remove anything but the slide plate to remove the striker assembly. You do need to remove the rear sight to get the block and spring out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn_yankee View Post
    You don’t have to remove anything but the slide plate to remove the striker assembly. You do need to remove the rear sight to get the block and spring out.

Now that I think about it..your right! Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Now that I think about it..your right! Thanks.
    Yes sir. That would have made the pistol a no go for me as those sights are known for being a bear to remove.

Feedback Score
    I had a 2.0 in 45. I actually moved from Glock platform. I liked alot of the features it had that alot of people complained that Glock didn't evolve to offering. Carried for awhile but long term overall I didn't completely warm up to the M&P and went back to a Glock

Feedback Score

Glock vs M&P

I've had a number of both Glocks and M&Ps over the years. I think I had each model of the M&P 1.0 in 9mm, .40 and .45. I really liked them, but we were issued Glocks for duty and I had carried one for years. I also had a number of Glocks over the years in 9mm, .40. .357 Sig and .45 ACP. For whatever reason, I ultimately settled on the Glocks for a time. I really liked the M&Ps, but with the Glock being my duty gun, I decided to keep it simple. The only exception was the Shield. Until the Glock 43 came along, the Shield was the ultimate off-duty and BUG.

After I retired, I continued to do my usually swapping, testing and then determining what to carry after some serious testing. As it stands today, I still have the Glocks, but all in 9mm. I have also bought a number of M&Ps. The standard Shield is a 1.0, but I also have the 4" Shield PC M2.0 with the RDS. That little pistol has a great trigger and is exceptionally accurate. I added some MagGuts to the 8 round mags and now have 10 rounders. I also have a .45 Shield I like very much. It also has a great trigger. I have a M&P M2.0 4.6" in .45 ACP. Again, great trigger and accuracy. I had a couple of M2.0s in 9mm; one 3.6" and one 5". I liked both, but got the itch to try some of the Sigs (320 and 365) and traded them off. I've gotten over the Sigs and will be getting a couple of M&Ps in 9mm. I may even get rid of some Glocks to facilitate that.

So, in essence what I'm saying is both are excellent and it's largely going to depend on your preferences. If I could only have one, it would have to be the Glock 19 simply because of all the gear and mags I have for it. However, if I could only have the M&P, I wouldn't miss the Glock.
    Last edited by snowman45; 06-05-20 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have a G20 and desperately want a 10mm M&P. I'm trying to figure out how to make my
    .45 M&P into a 10mm. Only Glock that I have successfully shot is a G27 partially due to a hand injury to my pinky finger so it can go under the mag well and not interfere with my grip

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    SOP - Get both

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMoses View Post
    I have more Glocks than I do M&Ps. I have two Glock 17s and a 19X as well as one of the M&P 2.0 Compact 4" guns.

I really like how the 2.0 Compact 4" feels in the hand and how it shoots. It has very minimal rise and the texture out of the box is what every gun should have. My biggest complaints are how the slidestop got much, much stiffer than the 1.0 and the trigger shoe has a hinge in the center of it. I think it ruins the feel of the pull. If it wasn't for the slidestop being just about impossible to use with your firing thumb on a reload, I'd drop in an Apex shoe and call it a day.

You can't really go wrong with either. I'm personally too invested in Glock to make the switch to something else, but I think just about every other gun out there nowadays feels better in the hands and points more naturally than the Glock. I stay with Glock because of the familiarity and how just about everybody has parts, holsters or magazine carriers for it
    That was my biggest complaint as well, but it only takes 30 seconds to remove the slide-stop detent and restore slide-release functionality.

Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast