Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Wearing a mask is all fine and dandy, more so if you’re in a high risk population, granted the efficacy of which is debatable since nobody wears one properly or substituting something else entirely (I’ve seen napkins for Christ sake). So whatever.

The greater issue which I’ll reiterate for you is the conceptual notion that an individual is somehow lawfully responsible for the health and well-being of someone else. The state can fvck right off with that one. If we’re going to play that game then it’s absolutely kosher tell what other people to do or not do with their bodies in any context be it smoking, soda, etc. On top of that the government has zero constitutional authority to shut down commerce public health concerns or otherwise.

At any rate the hypocrisy of the left on this is deafening so long as abortion exists. Can’t preach about the sanctity of life with that elephant in the room.

But it’s my body my choice right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ironically one of our local Judges decided that we were all going to wear masks or face a $1000.00 fine. Well, this is Texas, it lasted until daybreak.

Feedback Score
    It was a challenged or just largely ignored?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    It was a challenged or just largely ignored?
    It went in to effect at 11:59. by the 06:00 News it had been overturned.
    And people howled on both sides of the issue.
    My thing is I am free, I don't give a damn about Covid-19 compared to how much I care about my freedom's. If you want to know how this whole issue became political, it started with making you fear, now it's making people willing to trade freedom for security.
    A lot of Doctors who stated some rather scientific studies and best guesses really never gave a damn about the Constitution or your rights.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    My thing is I am free, I don't give a damn about Covid-19 compared to how much I care about my freedom's. If you want to know how this whole issue became political, it started with making you fear, now it's making people willing to trade freedom for security.
    A lot of Doctors who stated some rather scientific studies and best guesses really never gave a damn about the Constitution or your rights.
    While I think people should wear a mask - and the bulk of the data supports it in terms of reducing transmission - I cannot and will not support legal mandates to do so for the the reasons you outline. I do think many point to that idea as an infringement on personal Liberties as an excuse who otherwise pay little 2 no attentions on at other times, and the anti mask derpa derps who spread misinformation of harm caused by masks are making it far more difficult to get people to willingly use them, it must remain a choice.

If the med system can absorb it, maybe we don't want to slow down the spread anymore and get it over with via herd immunity. My thoughts on some of that via Medium I posted here a while back:

Covid-19: Who Is Fact Checking The Fact Checkers?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    The self induced pandemonium is peak cringe. Normally otherwise level headed sane people are absolutely triggered to the point of psychosis and absolutely demand giving carte blanche authority to public health entities in order to save them/us.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    While I think people should wear a mask - and the bulk of the data supports it in terms of reducing transmission - I cannot and will not support legal mandates to do so for the the reasons you outline. I do think many point to that idea as an infringement on personal Liberties as an excuse who otherwise pay little 2 no attentions on at other times, and the anti mask derpa derps who spread misinformation of harm caused by masks are making it far more difficult to get people to willingly use them, it must remain a choice.

If the med system can absorb it, maybe we don't want to slow down the spread anymore and get it over with via herd immunity. My thoughts on some of that via Medium I posted here a while back:

Covid-19: Who Is Fact Checking The Fact Checkers?
    I like how Fauci told congress today if people don’t get vaccinated we’ll never achieve herd immunity...

Weird how the narrative keeps changing

Feedback Score
    I like how Fauci told congress today if people don’t get vaccinated we’ll never achieve herd immunity...

If there ever is a vaccine watch all the wailing and gnashing of teeth as well as the mental gymnastics of either A) outright trying to make it mandatory, or at a minimum B) shaming like never before people who won't get it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Partially accurate. Only two ways to reach herd immunity: a higher enough % of the population is exposed, or via a vaccine. That's it. It appears a much higher % of people may have been exposed per recent paper, and that would bode well for herd immunity status.

Not sure the narrative on that one has changed, but per my article and such, not something that's been the discussion it should have been. It's complicated topic too and the media, political football, etc has made it much more confusing than it needed to be, but TDS = doing anything they have to to keep him from being re elected.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While I'm not convinced the Swedish approach would have worked well for the US, they are the herd immunity experiment to keep an eye on and the media, WHO, et al doing their best to paint them a failure when it's far from clear, and it will be some time before it's really known:

Sweden turns on WHO for saying it had suffered 'very significant resurgence' of Covid-19
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    While I'm not convinced the Swedish approach would have worked well for the US, they are the herd immunity experiment to keep an eye on and the media, WHO, et al doing their best to paint them a failure when it's far from clear, and it will be some time before it's really known:

Sweden turns on WHO for saying it had suffered 'very significant resurgence' of Covid-19
    I’m at least glad the Swedes are giving us some interesting data but from what I am currently seeing where I live I have a hard time thinking that approach would have worked. For herd immunity to kick in you need around 60% of people to be immune at a minimum, some diseases need more from the reading I’ve done.

Now I fully believe that the number infected is FAR greater than the reported figure due to our abysmal testing protocols and because so many people are likely asymptomatic.

However, let’s look at Harris County Texas (Houston) for a minute. They are at 30,729 confirmed cases out of a population of 4.713M. Let’s be optimistic and say we only need 60% of people to have an immunity for herd immunity to kick in, that means 2,827,800 people need to achieve immunity. Now let’s be really optimistic and say for every person diagnosed, 9/10 people had it and weren’t diagnosed, that means 276,561 are immune or will be, that leaves us with 2,551,239 left to go. If 1/10 wont show symptoms and won’t get tested then that means we need 255,124 people to be diagnosed with some symptoms. The recent spikes that have led to more shutdown orders and hospitals having to cancel procedures and surgeries peaked with 835 in one day on 6/11. If we kept up that number daily it would take 306 days to reach herd immunity levels and if that number of confirmed infections was prolonged then there is absolutely no doubt the medical system would be overwhelmed.

I’m sure there are some holes in my analysis like how there have been asymptomatic confirmed cases but that probably makes things worse. Those numbers are best case too, the only thing that could change things is if my 9/10 figure is substantially low but I don’t think it is and I don’t know of any great data that says otherwise currently. If anyone does know please post it up, I’d love to be wrong here. It also assumes you maintain immunity and there’s not a mutation that renders your immunity worthless, both possibilities.

So what can we do if we can’t just sit inside and let this burn out (we can’t because that would destroy the economy, country, and life as we know it)? Well we buckle up for a pretty long ride and hope to hell that an effective and safe vaccine is created and enough people actually get it. In the meantime, let’s do what we can to keep as much of the economy open as possible. This could be simple things like barriers at retail stores so the staff is protected, requiring masks indoors in public places, and accessible and accurate testing to quarantine infected individuals quickly. Dumb policies like closing beaches and not allowing travel to vacation homes should be shut down with a quickness and if people go to public parks/the beach then they should just maintain a reasonable distance from others.

Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast