Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    Maybe some good news from Israel.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...ccine-recover/
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I see that Florida has a pretty good Covid data website. Good state and county data. Deaths, positive rates and most measures are in the right direction. Do other states have similar IHME graphs are good because you can compare state to state from the same database. I just really question some of their data and definitely their projections.

I want to start going to war about how it said that cases are exploding, but if you look at the IHME data it just isn’t there. Plus explaining to people the killing fields of the Northeast and how that truly spiked our numbers. I want to beat people about the head and shoulders with science and data. They need it.

Here is the Texas dashboard

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...01e8b9cafc8b83
    https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...b11b9eaef6101f
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The more I look at this the more empowered I feel by the knowledge. I really appreciate you all sharing.

My take away:
    If you don't have a preexisting condition, you're less likely to die from this stuff.
    Oddly enough, there are people out there that would appear to have if not an immunity they are very less likely to get this than others.
    We need as a Nation to get our supply system squared away because this could have been much worse and we could have many more deaths.
    If masks weren't in your preps, I bet they will be soon.
    Get a good mask(s) and wear them in stores and other crowded area's.
    Stay home, people are losing their minds.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    The more I look at this the more empowered I feel by the knowledge. I really appreciate you all sharing.

My take away:
    If you don't have a preexisting condition, you're less likely to die from this stuff.
    Oddly enough, there are people out there that would appear to have if not an immunity they are very less likely to get this than others.
    We need as a Nation to get our supply system squared away because this could have been much worse and we could have many more deaths.
    If masks weren't in your preps, I bet they will be soon.
    Get a good mask(s) and wear them in stores and other crowded area's.
    Stay home, people are losing their minds.
    A good summary I generally agree with. What I would say on the bold is, very unlikely without co morbidity. The problem is, approx 50% of the US is one big co morbidity - via obesity, diabetes, CVD, etc - and that's the elephant in the room few wanna address.

That's really the reason that while the Swedish model may have worked for Sweden (and I discuss that at some length on Medium HERE), I'm less convinced now that it would work out well for the US.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-13-20 at 10:39.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    A good summary I generally agree with. What I would say on the bold is, very unlikely without co morbidity. The problem is, approx 50% of the US is one big co morbidity - via obesity, diabetes, CVD, etc - and that's the elephant in the room few wanna address.

That's really the reason that while the Swedish model may have worked for Sweden (and I discuss that at some length on Medium HERE), I'm less convinced now that it would work out well for the US.
    Or maybe they’ll open some peoples eyes not to be obese diabetic’s. Or be fat tubs of crap, smoking a pack a day, eating at McDonald’s 5 times a week, while drinking a case of coke a week.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Or maybe they’ll open some peoples eyes not to be obese diabetic’s. Or be fat tubs of crap, smoking a pack a day, eating at McDonald’s 5 times a week, while drinking a case of coke a week.
    I thinks it's a conversation that will, and already is, happening in a big way among the sci/med/public health community, and needs to take place on the national level with national level focus as it's a legit national security issue. Some outlets are at least discussing the topic:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/is-am...navirus-deaths

I will not hold my breath it will have any long term impacts however. When Trump wins, I think it would have a huge impact if he were to follow Boris Johnson's lead who strikes me as being a UK version of Trump:

https://time.com/5872175/boris-johns...s-coronavirus/

Trump is, as last visually, in the worse shape of any POTUS I can remember and even shares a body shape with Johnson.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Someone really needs to get up in front of America and tell its Citizens this, it's not Donald Trumps fault, it is Ronald McDonalds fault you're in the ICU with Covid-19.
    I agree as a Nation we are a giant tub of lard, go look at an old Documentary like "Woodstock", everyone was skinny in 1969. WTF? Can we make that a Super Sized Meal Deal for You?
    As a Nation we are so damned spoiled that we dont even see 80% of this is our own fault because of bad habits.

Feedback Score
    Someone really needs to get up in front of America and tell its Citizens this, it's not Donald Trumps fault, it is Ronald McDonalds fault you're in the ICU with Covid-19.
    I agree as a Nation we are a giant tub of lard, go look at an old Documentary like "Woodstock", everyone was skinny in 1969. WTF? Can we make that a Super Sized Meal Deal for You?
    As a Nation we are so damned spoiled that we dont even see 80% of this is our own fault because of bad habits.
    As a nation, we are viewed as having expensive and sub-par healthcare by those that neglect that we are awesome at treating acute treatable illnesses such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, etc but we are terribly unhealthy due to lifestyle decisions such as obesity, smoking, sedentary lifestyles, etc. It’s not cheap to be unhealthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    As a nation, we are viewed as having expensive and sub-par healthcare by those that neglect that we are awesome at treating acute treatable illnesses such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, etc but we are terribly unhealthy due to lifestyle decisions such as obesity, smoking, sedentary lifestyles, etc. It’s not cheap to be unhealthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It does cost more to eat healthy though and to be honest you have to want to learn to eat healthy.

Feedback Score
    It does cost more to eat healthy though and to be honest you have to want to learn to eat healthy.
    Lots of facts here. The old adage of just eat less and exercise more has failed. Not because it’s untrue, it is how you actually lose weight, but there’s so much more to how you should approach it in a healthy and sustainable way. It’s something that should be taught in schools along with basic personal finance.

Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast