Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    Did you know they were metabolic healthy or what their labs were etc... ?
    they might look OK but are eating the wrong stuff seed oils to much sugars (fruits included) etc.. and processed garbage etc... looks are not telling the whole story sadly these days many are not eating well but think they are

But it can take folks out sometimes that appear healthy but again could be but often something they did not know see without labs etc...

Vitamin D also seems to have some help some are saying in keeping it away worth googling looking into

Ironic ivermectin is something I was going to pick up this week might just mail order as I have to drive a bit to get it my buddy picked some up last week as a safety net he has a few doc friends who say its been shown to work in other countries and could be worth having on hand

I did some research this week found a few doctors talking about and reading a few reports on it also so yeah seems to be a thing that is gaining traction ?

I know Will mentioned it some threads back also not sure what else he has read on it ?

Tractors supply has it like $4 a tube
    Last edited by Honu; 12-25-20 at 01:36.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't know anything about their labs, just their eating habits and lifestyles.

Taking medications for conditions that were already being treated could be a factor with unhealthy people who had COVID-19 and described the experience as having a bad chest cold or a moderate case of influenza. A 78 year old neighbor who is not in very good health would not eat a vegetable if you held a gun to his head. His diet consists mostly of candy and soda. He described his case similar to a bad chest cold that ran about 2 weeks.

I think the CDC and FDA have to start thinking outside the box and move faster than a glacier when it comes to analyzing studies and approving medications that are already approved for other illnesses.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    The doctor makes a strong argument for the use of Ivermectin in the video. When I mentioned it to the wife, she told me that is what is given to her horses to kill ringworms and parasites inside the body. She was unaware it was safe for humans.

I asked a doctor I know about prescribing Ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. He told me it was prescribed for humans to treat other illnesses in some instances, but he was unaware of Dr. Kory's study of it's use to treat COVID-19. I would like to see it considered locally, but I suspect the FDA and drug companies will push against the approval of it's use due to it's relatively low cost compared to other drugs on the market.

I would like to see more data on which people have the most difficult time recovering from COVID-19. Out of the people locally who have had it, a few people who were in above average physical condition experienced worse symptoms and it took them longer to recover. A local man in his 40's who runs marathons was in bad shape for 3 months. Another man in his early 30's who competes in Iron Man competitions was down for 3 weeks late October to early November and he is still having health issues.

The strangest case of a fit person who was hit hard by COVID-19 was a 62 year old man I trained with back in 1988 and worked with over the years. He was in the best physical condition of anyone I know. He did not drink or smoke, he ate a healthy diet and he swam 2 to 3 miles a day. He had no known underlying medical conditions and was the epitome of good health. He contracted COVID-19 mid October, was admitted to the hospital on October 24th and died December 12th. How can the disease kill a man so healthy when other people in average or poor health isolate in their homes and recover in 1 to 2 weeks? It has me stumped.
    Guy at my office building got it and ran 2 miles a day with double pneumonia without skipping a beat. Said he felt really run down until he got a good night's sleep then felt much much better and just did his normal routine, except for going to work, until his 2 weeks were up.

Another guy's 70 year old father with recent chemo got sick. Was "sick" for 3 weeks. Spent one night in the hospital when his fever spiked. Otherwise he was out and about. His family had a hard time trying to keep him in the house.

I think maybe some of it has to do with how much virus the person was infected with. And maybe in the case of the guy you knew... maybe low vitamin D? Or some unknown condition that otherwise doesn't show symptoms? Or just luck. It seems to my to me that maybe your DNA plays a role. I think it was already shown that certain blood types are more susceptible to coronavirus

Another guy in my office building is a terrible eater. Nothing but junk food. I wouldn't doubt if he's close to 400lbs and he checks off all the other boxes of the certain groups of people who are hit harder by covid. He got sick. Had a 4 day fever where he took meds when his temp would rise. Sat home drank tea and took flu meds. After 4 days he was fine but sat home for the required 2 weeks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 12-25-20 at 08:21.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    The doctor makes a strong argument for the use of Ivermectin in the video. When I mentioned it to the wife, she told me that is what is given to her horses to kill ringworms and parasites inside the body. She was unaware it was safe for humans.

I asked a doctor I know about prescribing Ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. He told me it was prescribed for humans to treat other illnesses in some instances, but he was unaware of Dr. Kory's study of it's use to treat COVID-19. I would like to see it considered locally, but I suspect the FDA and drug companies will push against the approval of it's use due to it's relatively low cost compared to other drugs on the market.

I would like to see more data on which people have the most difficult time recovering from COVID-19. Out of the people locally who have had it, a few people who were in above average physical condition experienced worse symptoms and it took them longer to recover. A local man in his 40's who runs marathons was in bad shape for 3 months. Another man in his early 30's who competes in Iron Man competitions was down for 3 weeks late October to early November and he is still having health issues.

The strangest case of a fit person who was hit hard by COVID-19 was a 62 year old man I trained with back in 1988 and worked with over the years. He was in the best physical condition of anyone I know. He did not drink or smoke, he ate a healthy diet and he swam 2 to 3 miles a day. He had no known underlying medical conditions and was the epitome of good health. He contracted COVID-19 mid October, was admitted to the hospital on October 24th and died December 12th. How can the disease kill a man so healthy when other people in average or poor health isolate in their homes and recover in 1 to 2 weeks? It has me stumped.
    Full review paper above #817 you can send them.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    Did you know they were metabolic healthy or what their labs were etc... ?
    they might look OK but are eating the wrong stuff seed oils to much sugars (fruits included) etc.. and processed garbage etc... looks are not telling the whole story sadly these days many are not eating well but think they are

But it can take folks out sometimes that appear healthy but again could be but often something they did not know see without labs etc...

Vitamin D also seems to have some help some are saying in keeping it away worth googling looking into

Ironic ivermectin is something I was going to pick up this week might just mail order as I have to drive a bit to get it my buddy picked some up last week as a safety net he has a few doc friends who say its been shown to work in other countries and could be worth having on hand

I did some research this week found a few doctors talking about and reading a few reports on it also so yeah seems to be a thing that is gaining traction ?

I know Will mentioned it some threads back also not sure what else he has read on it ?

Tractors supply has it like $4 a tube
    Post #817 full review paper.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I'm curious if anyone knows specifics regarding keytone esters vs the cytokine storm. There appears to be a fair bit of research historically to show the benefits in mice. A local guy tried ketogenic feeding of his intubated wife. Numbers started looking better but it was too late. If glucose helps to fuel the cytokine storm, would that not contraindicate glocose/carb rich feeding of intubated patients?

Not on the keto bandwagon, just curious since there seems to be some evidence of its advantage in this particular circumstance.
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 01-01-21 at 13:55.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I'm curious if anyone knows specifics regarding keytone esters vs the cytokine storm. There appears to be a fair bit of research historically to show the benefits in mice. A local guy tried ketogenic feeding of his intubated wife. Numbers started looking better but it was too late. If glucose helps to fuel the cytokine storm, would that not contraindicate glocose/carb rich feeding of intubated patients?

Not on the keto bandwagon, just curious since there seems to be some evidence of its advantage in this particular circumstance.
    It's interesting conjecture at best, but there's other routes with better data and less unknowns in terms of intended consequences with known tox data and clinical experience.

Lots of good intel in the OP.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-01-21 at 14:45.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post

this guy always is controversial to some but if you watch a few vids he tends to back it up with studies etc... so cruise his channel he has a few vid with guests on this topic
    https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulSaladinoMD/videos

this is another one she is a big keto person and both are doctors
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACwh...PbFDkdQj0p-hQw
    her mom died of covid she goes over it and she did get her mom onto keto and she goes over it really intersting info she has so this is a great real world story/example and yeah covid can take out folks who should not be BUT I do think its about the metabolic state as sugars and stuff are so rampant in our society and its scary when you start to shop and are a healthy eater freaking sugar and corn syrup is in everything even many meats

both keto and the metabolic health go together but of course one can be metabolic healthy without being in ketosis so one or the other or both but being keto puts you in good metabolic health by its nature

I do think has some interesting things to study that sadly might not be studied enough since its about diet and they cant sell drugs to so called make you better

I edit to add this link
    good starting point using google scholar
    google scholar is a great way to cut through the other stuff and get to better papers etc...

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?a...t=0,3&as_vis=1

you can then see papers and click the dates on the side to narrow down
    Last edited by Honu; 01-01-21 at 15:49.

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283