Page 29 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Then I must be a refugee from some alternate universe where Mandela was murdered by the Berenstain bears while watching Sinbad in a genie movie,
    because there have been dozens of studies in critical care medicine looking at this since at least the late 1980s. With several antioxidants, either alone or in combination, enteral and or IV,
    With a mixed bag of results ranging from increased mortality, no significant statistical difference, no significant clinical differences, specific clinical improvements without improvements in mortality, nonspecific clinical improvements without improvements in mortality, reduction in length of ICU stay, and reduction in 28 day mortality. With results that may or may not be reproducible.
    Again, that's a whole different topic, RE, oxidative stress in various diseases and pathology. This is specific to Covid, and related sequalia. Acknowledging that oxidative stress plays a role in disease is indeed old news. That it appears to play a primary role in various complications of Covid, and addressing it clinically, are two very different issues and the latter simply not taking place nor old news.

To that end, how are the med pros you work with/communicate with addressing the hyper immune response being driven by formation of ROS? *

Or, do you feel oxidative stress not a causative factor in the hyper immune state and complications that often follows?

Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I’m going to stick with decades of research and experience with actual Ph.D.s and M.D.s doing actual lab and clinical and high risk zone research and actually doing critical care vs some groupie with a publicity seeking and supplement marketing vibe.

Just like I stuck with people that actually passed SOF pipelines and went on target with vs some creepy SEAL groupie vibe.

I will withdraw from this thread.
    It's great a MD and member of the SOF community often supplies so much useful info here. It's a shame that when your ego not appeased, you make it personal. Feel free to add me to your ignore list so that I do not take up any more of your time with my wanna be vibes and all that.

*possibly by disruption of heme iron and release of iron ions, but that's not conclusive as to the mechanism and major source of the oxidative stress.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-18-20 at 12:10.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    An excellent vid discussing mechanisms, lit, etc, on oxidative stress in Covid:

His later vids examining possible value of NAC, glutathione, and others are worth a watch too
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-18-20 at 17:55.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    CDC analysis of the church choir practice cluster

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6919e6.htm

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    So Trump is taking HCQ (and zinc if I read it right) prophylactically. This was on the advice of his White House physician. Be nice if we commoners had access to it, not necessarily to prevent COVID infection but once you get it but BEFORE you are in the hospital circling the drain. Seems to work much better with early intervention.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

China's secrets are slipping out.
    Bogus testing, cross contamination of patients and more lies.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    So Trump is taking HCQ (and zinc if I read it right) prophylactically. This was on the advice of his White House physician. Be nice if we commoners had access to it, not necessarily to prevent COVID infection but once you get it but BEFORE you are in the hospital circling the drain. Seems to work much better with early intervention.
    I saw. I'd thought if it worked, it was as treatment for a diagnosed case, vs prevention per se.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I saw. I'd thought if it worked, it was as treatment for a diagnosed case, vs prevention per se.
    While I'm not an expert in preventative medicine, I would think it could work that way.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    While I'm not an expert in preventative medicine, I would think it could work that way.
    I don't know. Gotta look more into that one. Not sure taken as general preventive is a smart idea, but have not looked at that one in depth. zinc, C, D, NAC, and others would make more sense I suspect.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    With regard to estimating morbidity and mortality due to COVID-19 and the likelihood of overestimating these numbers, I'll just leave this here for now:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/3000638001/

Some of my direct reports will be looking at this using healthcare claims data for specific diseases, but it will be a while before these analyses are published.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warg View Post
    With regard to estimating morbidity and mortality due to COVID-19 and the likelihood of overestimating these numbers, I'll just leave this here for now:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/3000638001/

Some of my direct reports will be looking at this using healthcare claims data for specific diseases, but it will be a while before these analyses are published.
    I look forward to reading your published report on the topic. Please keep us/me in the loop on that.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 29 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast