Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    I just tested positive, my sister tested positive and so did my parents. Would any one like to know what it's like in these four cases what it is/was like to have Covid19?
    For sure.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I blame Cuomo. But just the same it seems odd that the med community jumped in deep and seemingly completely blind on the vent measures without validation.
    I suspect if and when there's a deep dive into how/why NYC was so respirator happy (and the OP of this thread was tangentially discussing that...), some very ugly information will be revealed that ends with him. Slightly different topic, but he sent people to nursing homes and that huge hospital ship didn't see one patient as far as I know. He was willing to kill his own citizens than give Trump any credit all from where I sit. Note those governors who did that, were also those with the worse cases of TDS. I think a criminal investigation needs to be opened at some point:

"AP compiled its own tally to find out how many COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals to nursing homes under the March 25 directive after New York’s Health Department declined to release its internal survey conducted two weeks ago. It says it is still verifying data that was incomplete.

Whatever the full number, nursing home administrators, residents’ advocates and relatives say it has added up to a big and indefensible problem for facilities that even Gov. Andrew Cuomo — the main proponent of the policy — called “the optimum feeding ground for this virus.”

“It was the single dumbest decision anyone could make if they wanted to kill people,” Daniel Arbeeny said of the directive, which prompted him to pull his 88-year-old father out of a Brooklyn nursing home where more than 50 people have died. His father later died of COVID-19 at home.

“This isn’t rocket science,” Arbeeny said. “We knew the most vulnerable -- the elderly and compromised -- are in nursing homes and rehab centers.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...homes-70825470
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-26-20 at 10:59.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    I just tested positive, my sister tested positive and so did my parents. Would any one like to know what it's like in these four cases what it is/was like to have Covid19?
    Yes, I would like to know how it all started out with ya'll, sudden or slowly. What were your first inclines to something wasn't right. In my home town in WV, the seniors on the high school football team decided to go to Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks ago. From my understanding, all 18 of them tested positive last week. Now there are at least 30+ cases in the last couple of days, one being a child in the day care center my sister places her foster kid in during the day. No telling how many other people these kids have passed this to. Both my mother and sister have somewhat compromised immune systems and I have some concerns about them to say the least.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    I blame Cuomo. But just the same it seems odd that the med community jumped in deep and seemingly completely blind on the vent measures without validation.
    Well to be fair, unresponsiveness to increasing FiO2 levels (i.e. how much oxygen you're giving someone) is indeed indicative of likely needing intubated.....on the "square range" so to speak. COVID required thinking outside the box that didn't come until trial and error that unfortunately cost a lot of lives.

Medicine is an imperfect science no doubt. Now the mantra is "Do no harm" and avoid intubating if at all possible.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Two close friends that have tested positive this week. Mild symptoms for both. Luckily I have not seen either one in about a month.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    With this new information reaffirming what a lot of people of been saying From the start of this overreaction shit show, why are we still being bombarded with this coronavirus end of days bull crap?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    With this new information reaffirming what a lot of people of been saying From the start of this overreaction shit show, why are we still being bombarded with this coronavirus end of days bull crap?
    Notice how it went away for a few weeks though and what took it's place in the headlines? Convenient.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cuomo is such a little bitch. He denies the whole problem and (not so deftly) shifts blame to Trump.
    Remember all those mobile military hospitals? Remember the Navy Hospital Ships?
    Cuomo always gets a pass, no matter how often, loudly or ineptly he offers excuses.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Cuomo is such a little bitch. He denies the whole problem and (not so deftly) shifts blame to Trump.
    Remember all those mobile military hospitals? Remember the Navy Hospital Ships?
    Cuomo always gets a pass, no matter how often, loudly or ineptly he offers excuses.
    Well NY is a bastion of liberal toxicity so said emperor can do no wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Since some of you wanted to know. For me it started as a tickle in my chest, like I was getting a cold or more common for me is seasonal allergies. My father just woke up like he caught a cold. This was 12th of this month that her and I were exhibiting symptoms. The 14th she and her husband and my niece got tested, their results came back the 17th, my sister was positive and her husband and daughter negative. At this point my cough had more congestion, she lost taste and smell at this point, my mother was the same as me with a head ache and my father has a cough. My parents get tested the 18th and I the 19th. They got their results first as he is a first responder and they were both positive, at this point his cough has more congestion, a fever and occasional headache. Mother has a worse cough and is very tired and has lost taste unless it is very salty or sweet. This past weekend is where my cough got worse and I was exhausted. The worst being Tuesday, I work from home and I was so out of it that it was dizzying to witch focus from one monitor to the other. Now it is the 26th I still have a slight tickle but once again could be allergies still messing with me, sister is fine and will be back to work Monday, mother is fine and has been up and about working in her garden, but dad still has a slight fever and congestion.

All of this is at my best recollection because being stuck inside doing the same thing everyday makes tracking the days a little rough. I don't think this is the worst thing ever, I have been far sicker with an upper respiratory infection, but the thing with this is it just effects everyone differently some worse than others and some not at all. Take all of this for what it's worth and do with it what you will, I got it staying home. Could it have been worse if I got it from some one not my sister if I was out partying? Yes? No? I couldn't tell ya. All I can say is wash your hands and cover your mouth and if you want to wear a mask wear one if you don't then don't just don't be a jerk either way.

Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast