Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score

Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Some times you don't have what's considered definitive research before making recs or decisions. That's common occurrence. Some times it turns out to be right, some times it does not

But, waiting until you have definitive data will usually be too damn late. Recs are commonly made on the bulk of the data, emerging data, clinical/international experiences (see excellent vid I posted with interview from S. Korea's top Covid doc) and mechanical physical data, recs are made. Good read:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252

And:

https://medium.com/better-humans/sho...s-6c97d023bb6d

Taking the above, the evidence strongly suggests masks are a benefit to reducing transmission with the caveats I have already outlined.

I'm not in favor of legal mandates to force people to wear masks.
    First article merely talks filtration rates. This doesn’t really provide anything about real-world transmission of the virus.

The second one has evidence that contradicts it which I posted above.

But you’re right, it is common to do the wrong thing and act without evidence early on. So far, the evidence we do have, in practice is that reduction is transmission is not happening by mask wearing of asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19. There really isn’t a discussion.

Distancing and frequent hand washing does more to stop the spread than anything.

If you want to wear a mask, do so. I’m against laws/ordinances/mandates barring mask wearing.

Anybody that tries to force mask wearing with the threat of loss of freedom, property, or through fines should be shot.

I appreciate your thoughts, Will, and your persistency in sharing information. I think to some degree we are on the same page and perhaps missing each others’ points in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PracticalRifleman; 07-19-20 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Supposedly from an internal memo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Supposedly from an internal memo.

I’m pretty sure that is fake news.

Feedback Score
    Groundbreaking study shows students rarely spread COVID, makes case for students returning to school @ https://www.theblaze.com/news/ground...y-spread-covid

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post

Welp then it’s on par with studies in this thread so

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Guaranteed it is. There are many "tells".

Andy

Feedback Score
    After 35,000 deaths and some communities showing 70% infected, Fauci now holds up New York as the COVID model for America.

--------------

Fauci holds up New York as model for fighting coronavirus — ‘They did it correctly’

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci on Friday praised New York for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic, saying the state did it “correctly.”

“We know that, when you do it properly, you bring down those cases. We have done it. We have done it in New York,” Fauci said in an interview on “PBS NewsHour.”

More here: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/18/fauc...correctly.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the asymptomatic aren’t contagious, why are we concerned with asymptomatic people wearing masks?
    I think it's more of people in general not giving a shit. Had a guy I know do a delivery about 2 months ago from PA to Ga and back. Made several stops all while sick as shit and running a fever. He couldn't care less! Doubt he wore a mask. The whole trip took him a little over a week. He made 7 drop offs on the way down and 7 on the way back not counting any rest area stops or shopping. He didn't know how high of a fever he had but said he couldn't keep his extra shirts dry he was sweating so much. Splitting headache the whole time, sensitivity to light and loss of smell and taste. Came back and went to the hospital to get tested. Of course C19 positive with pneumonia. Was given antibiotics and sent home.

If I'm sick you still can't make me wear a mask or stay home

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 07-19-20 at 10:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I think it's more of people in general not giving a shit. Had a guy I know do a delivery about 2 months ago from PA to Ga and back. Made several stops all while sick as shit and running a fever. He couldn't care less! Doubt he wore a mask. The whole trip took him a little over a week. He made 7 drop offs on the way down and 7 on the way back not counting any rest area stops or shopping. He didn't know how high of a fever he had but said he couldn't keep his extra shirts dry he was sweating so much. Splitting headache the whole time, sensitivity to light and loss of smell and taste. Came back and went to the hospital to get tested. Of course C19 positive with pneumonia. Was given antibiotics and sent home.

If I'm sick you still can't make me wear a mask or stay home

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Actually, there are laws and precedent to quarantine those with disease. However, I’m not sure that case could be made for COVID.

Thousands act in the same manner every year for other respiratory viruses and we’ve not given it much thought.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Guaranteed it is. There are many "tells".

Andy
    Yup. Easy spot with that one.

Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast