Page 53 of 83 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just one example of why I would never get tested...our county has said they would send summons to those known positive & fines / confinement if caught out of confinement. Insanity this is happening in the US.

Ankle monitors used to isolate couple after wife tests positive for COVID-19

https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/a...e-for-covid-19
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    WHO CARES

are we going to become a society that wears masks or PAPRs for eternity? The answer to that is no. So get over it. Want to wear a mask? Go for it. Don’t? Ok rock on. But ffs stop with the altruistic autism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do. Others do. More should. Your opinions are noted, but not adding any to the sci/med aspects of the discussion either, what this thread is supposed to focus on.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    In 2009, I don’t recall many mask wearers or mandates when 575,400 died of H1N1.

That is what baffles me. What is the line in the sand for these respiratory viruses? When did COVID cross it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Keep this on topic and knock off the bickering. No insults.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Actually, there are laws and precedent to quarantine those with disease. However, I’m not sure that case could be made for COVID.

Thousands act in the same manner every year for other respiratory viruses and we’ve not given it much thought.

This seems to be more deadly overall and all year round. Mostly to older people and major preexisting conditions but how many of those walking around?

Personally I never gave a shit about flu and colds. I don't change anything about my daily life with a cold and almost never with a flu. Couple years ago I was at a bar with some friends and a 102.5 fever. I didn't wake up with that but just toughed it out at the bar.

Today I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't want to put others at risk. Even seemingly healthy people can have underlying conditions. Sometimes things just run in the family and not necessarily due to lifestyle

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 07-19-20 at 10:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    This seems to be more deadly overall and all year round. Mostly to older people and major preexisting conditions but how many of those walking around?

Personally I never gave a shit about flu and colds. I don't change anything about my daily life with a cold and almost never with a flu. Couple years ago I was at a bar with some friends and a 102.5 fever. I didn't wake up with that but just toughed it out at the bar.

Today I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't want to put others at risk. Even seemingly healthy people can have underlying conditions. Sometimes things just run in the family and not necessarily due to lifestyle

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    The “more deadly overall” is a function of us learning to treat it and the large numbers of undetected infected who were never tested, which skews the data. In the early days, 4-5% of positive cases were dying. Improvements in both testing and treatment have reduced that number to around 1% (and that includes those early patients). If we isolate those testing positive in the last 30 days, death rate is well below 1%. Seasonal Influenza has a death rate of around 0.1%. As treatment improves and more is learned, it will be more similar to influenza.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    They were. We banned five people after numerous warnings - I banned three myself. I should not have the tell a grown-ass man multiple times to act like an adult. Yet here we are.

I'm watching this thread very closely as well.

Sorry for the sidetrack, carry on.
    Apparently some people don't read the entire thread, and are now taking a vacay.

Drive this thread off track, and I'll ban you, I cannot make it any plainer than that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I come here to gather information, I have tried other sources, but I'm now pretty sure everything is political now when it comes to Covid-19.
    Thanks Will, you've helped me make a balanced decision.
    Keep the information flowing guys, please.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I come here to gather information, I have tried other sources, but I'm now pretty sure everything is political now when it comes to Covid-19.
    Thanks Will, you've helped me make a balanced decision.
    Keep the information flowing guys, please.
    I do the best I can brother. I hope it's of value. It's great that we have so many members able and willing to have sci/med discussions that are based on critical thinking vs feelz and when they're not, mods that will actually address it.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    First article merely talks filtration rates. This doesn’t really provide anything about real-world transmission of the virus.
    But it demonstrates the claims that anything but a properly fitted n95 is a complete waste of time incorrect.

The second one has evidence that contradicts it which I posted above.

But you’re right, it is common to do the wrong thing and act without evidence early on. So far, the evidence we do have, in practice is that reduction is transmission is not happening by mask wearing of asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19. There really isn’t a discussion.

Distancing and frequent hand washing does more to stop the spread than anything.

If you want to wear a mask, do so. I’m against laws/ordinances/mandates barring mask wearing.

Anybody that tries to force mask wearing with the threat of loss of freedom, property, or through fines should be shot.

I appreciate your thoughts, Will, and your persistency in sharing information. I think to some degree we are on the same page and perhaps missing each others’ points in the mix.

I'd say we agree more than we don't. I think it's simply a matter of threshold. For me, the threshold of evidence to confidently say masks can and will help reduce transmission has been reached - with the caveats I mentioned prior - and for you perhaps it has not.

I posit that masks plus "Distancing and frequent hand washing" will be more effective than "Distancing and frequent hand washing" without masks and i think the bulk of the evidence supports that enough to make that call.

Your mileage may differ and mine may too as more data etc evolves.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 53 of 83 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast